Operational Governance Manager
- Location: London, England, United Kingdom
- Salary: Not Specified
- Job Type: Full time
State Street Global Advisors is looking for an Operational Governance Manager to sit within its operations business.State Street
You would be responsible for ensuring strong governance of SSGA’s European fund ranges and lead the oversight of outsourced activities, reporting to the Head of SSGA European Fund Operations.
- The role will support our ability to meet and exceed regulatory expectations in Europe. You will have responsibility for supporting the design and monitoring of the Outsourcing framework for the SSGA UK business and will be tasked with ensuring that this oversight is aligned with regulatory and internal State Street global policy and standards.
- Ensure the integrity of the legal entities outsourcing inventories.
- Assist with the upkeep and execution of all outsourcing agreements / contracts, SLAs and annual outsourcing risk assessments ensuring they are accurate and in line with EMEA Outsourcing Policy.
- Produce outsourcing board metric packs.
- Ensure Outsourcing relationship owners are meeting their obligations and provide challenge and escalation within the Outsourcing Program as appropriate.
- Assist the execution and maintenance of the due diligence program of our outsourcing agents and reporting to the relevant governance forums and documentation of same.
- Assist in the management of sub optimal service issues / incidents their recording for governance purposes, escalation to the relevant forums and resolution / follow up where required with service providers RM’s.
- Organize regular review meetings with service provider, ensuring thorough minutes are taken and follow up is made on any action items and conduct periodic due diligence exercises and sentiment surveys
- Build and maintain relationships particularly with key internal and external parties as required.
- Develop an understanding of the business and understand the factors that will impact our structure through either internal or external factors, and ensure that the operations framework is appropriately aligned with the business and corporate strategy and regulatory requirements
- Stay abreast of regulatory and best practice standards and provide management execution support to the senior management in driving change and operational priorities including governance support, engagement with global SSGA business forums. Ensure business and regulatory changes are considered in the context of the outsourcing framework, and are implemented in a timely fashion including regulatory notifications and governance approvals with the legal entity boards as required.
- Manage regulatory engagement from an Operations perspective on governance and outsourcing related matters.
- Serve as a point of contact for both Fund Administrators and internal SSGA teams