Operational Risk Associate – Wealth Management
- Market Rate
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Saxton Leigh
- 15 Mar 18 2018-03-15
Our client, one of the UK’s leading wealth managers, are seeking an Operational Risk professional to join the team in London.
Our client is one of the UK’s leading wealth managers. They offer a range of bespoke services to their clients which consist of both individuals and organisations.
- Support the activities of the Risk & Compliance team, champion the embedding of a risk awareness culture throughout the business, and be a trusted partner to the business.
- Facilitate and support departmental, thematic, and New Products and Service Risk and Control Self-Assessments as required.
- Manage operating events, including when applicable: Identify issues, coordinate and obtain collective agreement and buy in for actions to reduce risk. Ensure CASS funding is in place. Ensure client compensation is processed in a timely manner.
- Analysing operational risk themes and drive opportunities within Risk and Compliance and in the business to improve operational efficiency and mitigate risk.
- Assist in the maintenance and enhancement of policies and procedures as required.
- Challenge and develop the Risk Management Framework, Operational Risk Management Framework and Policy Management Framework.
- Oversight of risk information, ensuring completeness and accuracy of data. Ensuring loss event information is captured in the accounting provisions and insurance reporting processes.
- Ensuring reporting is consistent, high quality and submitted by deadlines.
- Providing support to the Head of Risk Governance and Head of Operational Risk as required in the day to day operation of the Risk Management Framework.
- Find opportunities to proactively support and share knowledge with others for the benefit of the team.
- Prioritise workload and identify when support is needed to achieve goals.
- Identify and escalate issues as they arise and suggest solutions for resolution.
- Assess when to deal with an issue or when to seek involvement of a colleague (including line manager).
- Prior relevant industry experience in for example Compliance, Risk, Audit would be desirable.
- Demonstrates good technical knowledge of regulations, and of business processes and procedures relevant to role.
- Communicates professionally with stakeholders, building positive relationships.
- Excellent administration, planning and organisation skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Displays enthusiasm, credibility and determination.