Operational Risk Associate - EXCLUSIVE INSTRUCTION
- Market Rate
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Saxton Leigh
- 15 Mar 18 2018-03-15
Our client, a leading financial services house based in the City, are seeking an Operational Risk Associate to join their team.
Our client is a leading financial services house with over 50 years of history. Specialising in securities transactions they have a global presence.
- Assist colleagues to understand how the risk process works, including the ERM Framework and associated methodologies and approaches deployed to manage risk.
- Assist in the risk identification, assessment, continuous monitoring and reporting processes. Support risk assessments as required, both routine and ad hoc.
- Adopting a risk-based approach, create and execute a schedule of 1st line process ‘deep dives’
- Lead the annual RCSA exercise for all in-scope teams
- Perform critical first inspections of both detective and preventative controls to evaluate operational effectiveness based on established methodology.
- Conduct formal reviews with control owners to assess the design effectiveness of the control environment
- Clear test results with control owners – interaction at team lead level.
- Monitor follow-up actions in relation to previously identified control gaps.
- Routinely identify and monitor manual interventions and single points of failure
- Support the end to end incident management process, ensuring details of incidents are linked to risks, the completion of root cause analysis/lessons learned in a timely manner and the follow-up of remedial actions
- Good level of competence in a risk management or control assurance capacity with knowledge of risk assessment and control methodologies
- Good negotiation skills with the ability to put forward a case using logical reasoning based on evidence and facts
For further information please contact Marcus Courtney