Operational Risk Manager
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 18 May 19
See job description for details
Join us in London as an Operational Risk Manager
- This is an opportunity for an Operational Risk Manager to join us in Operational Risk at NatWest Markets
- You'll be working with a range of stakeholders across the business and supporting in the execution of their strategic objectives within agreed risk appetites
- This role is available at vice president level
What you'll do
In your new role, it'll be your responsibility to support Operational Risk in its oversight, advisory and challenge of the Operational Risks and Control Environment of the NatWest Markets Trading and Sales businesses, and their supporting Control functions.
- Shape the culture of the business to embed strategic goals throughout all levels, including client focus, high performance business, strong control, engaged and empowered workforce
- Promote internal and external client focus throughout strategy, communications and engagement
- Ensure delivery of individual commitments and support team commitments to Operational Risk's internal customers
- Build, safeguard and uphold the reputation of NatWest Markets and RBS across all stakeholders
The skills you'll need
You'll need a solid understanding of Investment Banking and its operations, excellent operating knowledge of financial markets, and a solid understanding of all core products. You should have a good knowledge of regulatory requirements with respect to ORM, and a good understanding of Operational Risk framework and its implications.
You'll also need:
- The ability to objectively challenge senior stakeholders
- An understanding of risk impacts associated with change
- The ability to plan and prioritise BAU activities over time
- The ability to provide objective and informed risk opinions and conclusions
- Front Office experience or experience in a senior functional role within a global financial services organisation
- Highly developed professional oral and written communication skills
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At NatWest Markets we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles.