Operational Risk Manager (AVP/VP)
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer
The Chief Risk and Compliance Officer function is a highly visible, dynamic area where you can be an integral part of the decision-making that supports the bank's business. We drive strategic and sustainable returns, and offer risk, controls and regulatory advice. You will be part of a team that is renowned for its fast-paced, collaborative and diverse work environment. We believe our colleagues are our best asset.
A department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm's D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global Conduct and Ethics Standards.
The CSUK Risk Division is part of the Group-wide Chief Risk and Compliance Officer function, and supports IWM business management to oversee and control the risks taken in CSUK. Credit Suisse operational risk sits within the Risk Division and is the second line of defence challenging the operational risk activities carried out by the IWM Businesses. Operational risk management is aligned to the business to ensure delivery of an effective operational risk framework and independent oversight. The role will report functionally to the Head of CSUK NFR (Non-Financial Risk), who is based in London. The Operational Risk Manager will be responsible to:
- Assist the Head of CSUK NFR with the 2LoD testing of 1LoD controls, according to CS control standards, including tracking of taxonomy changes.
- Support the Head of CSUK NFR with operational risk incident reviews, thematic reviews and 1LoD change engagement as required.
- Establish an independent 2LoD MI/reporting across the NFR space, to allow monitoring of CSUK business operational risks and risk appetite consumption.
- Develop key risk indicator (KRI) and key control indicator (KCI) for CSUK operational risks across the risk taxonomy, focusing on high inherent risks
- Assist the Head of CSUK NFR with the 2LoD action tracking/enforcement across incidents, Risk and Control Self-Assessment (RCSA) remediation, audit points and 1LoD self-identified actions.
- Support the Head of CSUK NFR with reviewing and enforcing adherence to the CS Group NFR policies.
- Be involved in various BoD mandated NFR initiatives to provide the adequate review and challenge of the operational risk landscape in the CSUK.
- Input into and participate in change initiatives, remediation projects and issue resolution throughout the region in an operational risk capacity.
This role is open to discussion regarding flexible / agile working. You Offer
- Operational risk management experience, including operational risk framework implementation, operational risk/incident assessments, control implementation and testing, and KRI/MI reporting.
- Relevant university degree (preferably in finance, risk management, or economics) or equivalent work experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Strong interpersonal and organisational skills and ability to coordinate across teams.
- Results-oriented, hardworking individual who has the ability to work autonomously under remote supervision.
- Innovative and solution orientated with strong analytical, quantitative and problem solving skills.
- You understand the value of diversity in the workplace and are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work.
- Experience in private banking or asset management (ideally risk or compliance, but experience in a COO, product control, audit or operations roles also considered).
- Professional qualification, e.g. CFA, ACCA
- Familiarity and prior interaction with regulators in the UK region is beneficial, incl. ICAAP involvement.
- Project / Change Management experience.
Credit Suisse is committed to providing equal employment opportunities, regardless of ethnicity, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, civil partnership, marital or family status, pregnancy, disability or any other status that is protected as a matter of local law.
Credit Suisse is committed to providing equal opportunities, regardless of ethnicity, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, civil partnership, marital or family status, pregnancy, disability or any other status that is protected as a matter of local law.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success