Operational Risk Manager, Banking & Capital Markets - VP
- £75,000 - £90,000 + Strong Benefits and Bonus GBP
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Maxfield Search
- 11 Sep 18 2018-09-11
Our client is a niche banking group, looking for an Operational Risk Manager at VP level. This is a high-visibility role with key deliverables across a broad range of 1st and 2nd line Operational Risk responsibilities with an emphasis on assisting the implementation of an outstanding Operational Risk Framework and Operational Risk best practice across the Bank. You will have hands on experience in a similar Operational Risk role, demonstrate strong knowledge in this field and posses excellent stake-holder and relationship management skills. Experience working with the Capital markets / Front Office function of a Bank is highly desirable.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Framework: Managing the operational risk framework and developing / improving risk processes to help ensure it always meets or exceeds business requirements. Input into the improvement, development, communication and embedding of the group risk framework, policies and guidance to ensure this meets the businesses needs.
- Advisory: Assist the business as required in managing their operational risks, advising of regulatory requirements and using knowledge of industry to put in place a good control culture.
- Third Party: Ability to assess external operational risks emanating from current and prospective third (and fourth) parties, determine impact to the business' risk profile and to propose program and framework enhancements.
- Risk Incidents: Taking ownership for the whole risk incident management process and managing and delivering risk incident reports across all business areas Oversee operational risk incidents investigations. Monitor resolution and challenge as appropriate.
- Reporting: Managing the quality and integrity of data within operational risk reporting process.
- Control Testing: Work with the business to undertake the testing and assess design & operating effectiveness. Follow-up proactively on recommendations and action points. Assisting the business in implementing improved risk control measures
- Risk and Control Assessments: Engage with R&CA’s process, managing any changes to Key Controls, updating testing plan accordingly.
- Training & Awareness: Assist with training and awareness for the Operational Risk team and the wider business .
Desired skills and experience:
- Strong operational risk experience in a financial institution environment.
- Strong, demonstrable experience of developing Operational Risk frameworks, policies and procedures.
- A deep understanding of how an Operational Risk framework fits together and adds value to the business.
- Demonstrable sound working knowledge of Operational Risk Management principles and practices
- Experience at working in complex organisational environments, across multiple lines of businesses and geographies is essential.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to persuade, influence and build rapport with others and to effectively impart specialist knowledge and build capability in others.
- Demonstrated team player with excellent organisation, planning and interpersonal skills.
- Highly motivated and flexible, with a proven ability to deliver in a challenging and dynamic environment.
- Display initiative with a demonstrated ability to manage time and priorities.
- Possess strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Commitment to ensuring standards and controls are established and maintained in the workplace.
- University degree in a relevant business discipline highly regarded.