Our client a reputable brokerage operation specialising in Forex, Bullion and Commodities solutions for institutional and professional investors are looking for an Operational Risk Officer. The "Operational Risk Officer" will support the London entity circa thirty staff, and work across all functions to support the management of operational risk across the firm.
Our client a reputable brokerage operation specialising in Forex, Bullion and Commodities solutions for institutional and professional investors are looking for an Operational Risk Officer.
The "Operational Risk Officer" will support the London entity circa thirty staff, and work across all functions to support the management of operational risk across the firm. The role will require close collaboration with a range of stakeholders and an ability to navigate dynamic matrix environments.
The "Operational Risk Officer" will be responsible for supporting the senior management team manage the risk and control environment for the business. The Officer will be required to work autonomously and will assess areas of operational risk, identify and prioritise gaps, manage the key risks and evidence effective and compliant controls, principles and practices.
The successful individual will undertake the following:
- Engaging positively across the business and drive a strong culture of accountability and continuous improvement, ensuring that legal and regulatory requirements are observed
- Challenge the business to develop and strengthen risk management and controls
- Documenting data requirements for risk event capturing, risk and control self-assessments, key indicators and operational risk reporting and providing high quality analysis
- Driving improvement across the Business Control Framework including managing reviews, and driving change as required, implementing and systematically tracking new controls
- Supporting business areas with the facilitation of Risk & Control Self-Assessments and providing advice and guidance on best practice
- Building test cases to perform UAT activities and working with business stakeholders to record and define requirements and criteria to support the roll out of the new framework
- Providing periodic and ad hoc reporting on KRI and KCI to management forums and Risk Committees
- Preparing pack and slides for presentation at monthly risk meeting
- Acting as SME to the risk and control implications of new business and change projects
- Working as a trusted advisor to the senior management team
- Facilitating and validating the reporting of Risk Incidents into the "Incident Reporting Module", and ensure a remediation is in place to satisfy the second of line of defence Risk team requirements for incident closure
- Extensive experience in a Risk & Controls role within financial services
- Professional qualifications advantageous i.e ICA/IRM or similar
- Strong communication skills, and the ability to drive change
- Excellent analytical skills
- Adaptable style with an ability to present complex scenarios, and to engage across a range of stakeholder groups
- Evidence of driving improvement
- Evidence of managing conflicting stakeholder groups to resolution
- Evidence of sound judgement, a self-starter
This is an excellent opportunity for someone to work for a reputable brokerage business in London. The individual will have a strong record of achievement, coupled with strong technical skills and academics.