Operational Risk Oversight Manager
London, England, United Kingdom
The objectives of this Retail banking team is;
- To ensure the operational risk profile remains within the stated risk appetite
- To provide operational risk oversight of the businesses across globally, monitoring whether they meet their targeted level of performance within targeted levels of operational risk (and hence internal control), consistent with the Group’s appetite.
- The Primary oversight & assurance responsibility for one or more business lines/functions/countries within the retail banking team
- Responsible for ensuring the operational risk framework has been fully implemented and continues to operate effectively for the business lines/functions/ countries they have oversight of.
- Interaction with senior management of the businesses and require strong influencing skills.
- Experience of risk management within an agile development environment
- Successful proven track record of risk and control management, preferably within a risk, audit or compliance business line for at least three years in senior position at commensurate organisation
- Good analytical abilities including root cause analysis;
- Good understanding of the operations of the business line
- Basic understanding of other areas of risk e.g. credit, market.
- Basic technical knowledge of operational risk regulatory requirements and industry best practice (including operational risk techniques and operational risk measurement);
- A good understanding of banking processes
- The ability to communicate complex issues in ordinary language to a large multicultural audience