Operational Risk & Control Tester, AVP
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Charles Levick
- 15 Oct 17 2017-10-15
Leading Tier 1 Investment Bank recruiting an experienced AVP Operational Risk & Control Specialist with in depth operational process knowledge and Testing experience.
My client, a Tier 1 Investment Bank, is looking to recruit an IB Ops Risk and Control Officer to join the RCRM function. The overall aim of the RCRM team is to provide high quality first line risk and regulatory management support to the Operations Leadership team. This role is required to support the establishment of the ERMF framework across IB Operations and Middle office. Specific focus includes co-ordination of RCSA process.
Global Markets RCRM
Risk Control and Regulatory Management is a global first line of defence control assurance function. We have colleagues based in the EMEA, the Americas, APAC and India. We support all of the Operations areas of the International Division. Our mission is to provide assurance to the Operations Heads as well as to the businesses we support around the operating and design effectiveness of the controls which we operate on behalf of the businesses we support. As a first line of defence team our role is to partner closely with the Operations we serve to help them identify risks, control them in an effective and efficient way and highlight any residual risks which we may be running to the business. We also track issues and produce management reporting to help inform the decisions of the broader management organisation. Additionally, the Regulatory Management team identify pipeline regulations, participate in regulatory consultation responses, assess regulations for operational impact and ensure that they are implemented correctly and safely in the business.
* Co-ordination oversight of RCSA process.
* Maintenance oversight over the key control process documents, evaluation of new or amended policy changes and standards in relation to the ERMF framework and subsequent co-ordination of implementing the change.
* Adhoc control testing and evaluation.
* Oversight of the control inventory including maintenance and configuration within the ORAC tool.
* Maintenance of the Knowledge database.
* Build and maintain effective working relationships with Operations business areas / key stakeholders and project teams; as appropriate.
* Maintain effective working relationships with colleagues across all Risk Practice areas and other parts of the Group; including partnering with Operational Risk, Internal Audit, Technology, Legal, Compliance and the Group Data Office among others.
Risk and Control Objective
All colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Policies and Policy Standards
Skills and Knowledge:
* Degree level preferable, and/or Risk Management related qualifications.
* Experience in delivering high quality independent control assessments in complex environments.
* Excellent attention to detail.
* Excellent planning, prioritisation, problem solving and organisational skills.
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills to effectively manage relationships and navigate the organisation.
* Ability to articulate issues, both verbal and written.
* Ability to influence, manage change and improve process.
* Independent, task focus and ability to maintain objectivity despite being challenged.
* Self-motivated and ability to multi-task in a competitive environment and have a sense of urgency.
* Proactive and positive attitude and desire to make a difference.
* Proficiency in MS Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
* 2-4 years of experience in risk management.
* Investment Banking experience with knowledge of a complex Operations environments, specifically Front to Back Operational Processes, Risk and Control Functions, and Regulatory Reporting.
* Good working knowledge of operational risk frameworks, control processes and practices, including experience in their design, application and testing.
* Good working knowledge of the Enterprise Risk Management Framework.