Operational Risk / Risk & Control Manager - Asset Management
- Location:London, England, United Kingdom
- Job Type:Permanent, Full time
- Company:Alexander Ash Consulting
- Updated on:19 Jun 18
Enterprise Risk Senior Associate - Risk & Control - Asset Management / Operational Risk / Risk & Control Manager
Our client, a leading independent global asset manager has an urgent need for an Enterprise Risk Senior Associate. They are a global asset manager with US$331bn1 of assets under management with a diverse geographic footprint, employing close to 2500 staff in 28 offices globally.
Enterprise Risk forms part of the wider Risk team within the Risk & Compliance function, which reports directly to the Chief Risk Officer (CRO). They deliver and maintain an effective Enterprise Risk Management Framework that provides appropriate support for the business to make risk-based decisions,
Technical Skills and Qualifications
- Educated to degree level, relevant industry experience preferred.
- Professional qualification preferred but not essential e.g. IMC.
- Understanding of the financial services industry; asset management experience preferred.
- Good understanding of risk management methodologies and techniques preferred.
- Experience of Operational Risk, Risk & Control, 1LOD, Controls Testing OR RCSA
- Good planning, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to effectively network and confidently build and maintain relationships with clients, including key stakeholders.
- Good writing and verbal communication and ability to adapt delivery style to various audiences.
- Pro-active and self-sufficient with ability to escalate where appropriate.
- High standards of delivery and very good presentation skills.
- Ability to be resilient and stay motivated under pressure or facing tight deadlines.