Operational Risk and Assurance Manager
- market rate
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- ED & F Man Holdings Limited
- 07 Aug 18 2018-08-07
ED&F Man Capital Markets (“MCM”) is recruiting for an Operational Risk and Assurance Manager to join the Risk Department of this fast-paced Brokerage division of ED&F Man Group.
ED&F Man Capital Markets (“MCM”) is recruiting for an Operational Risk and Assurance Manager to join the Risk Department of this fast-paced Brokerage division of ED&F Man Group. This is a new role which will focus on developing and enhancing the Operational Risk framework for the firm and to implement an assurance, monitoring, capturing and testing environment across Firm. The successful candidate will report to MCM’s Chief Risk Officer for the European Capital Markets Division.
- Develop and enhance the firm’s existing Operational Risk Framework and Standards.
- Lead the design and delivery of an appropriate assurance program to review and assess the robustness of the Firms controls in Compliance with applicable regulations.
- Embed MCM’s improved Operations Risk Policy within the business.
- Work with the line of business to ensure that all Risk Events are comprehensively captured in a timely manner.
- Identify business/regulatory risk issues, and be proactive in capturing possible mitigants and promoting possible solutions to manage any residual risks.
- Escalate, report and investigate errors, losses and near misses, identifying the root causes and overseeing the implementation of corrective actions.
- Analyse data and errors to identify emerging risks, related to new products or business process changes and propose effective solutions.
- Undertake proactive assurance reviews of the firm’s headline controls and policies and report findings to the MCM Board.
- Participate in the selection of Operational Risk application and infrastructure
- Co-ordinate the implementation of the selected Operational Risk system to capture incidents and manage the workflow surrounding incident report requirements.
- Manage and drive MCM’s RCSA process across the European business.
- Provide management information and reporting on operational Risk exposures, incidents and trends.
- Provide input of operational risk exposures within MCM’s Governance reporting to various
- Group Committee’s.
- Provide input into MCM’s Cybersecurity Committee and approach.
Skills & Qualifications
- BSc/BA degree minimum
- Strong background in Operational Risk methodologies with at least 6 years of experience gained within a financial institution
- Detailed understanding of EU regulations and conducting assurance reviews
- Good understanding of regulatory risks and assurance program protocols
- Familiarity with Brokerage business model and strategy
- Knowledge of one or more of the following areas: Foreign Exchange, Exchange cleared derivatives, OTC derivatives, Equities (settlement and clearing), Fixed Income. Base and precious metals.
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in documenting written policy useful.
- Strong analytical and IT skills would be a distinct advantage (Excel VBA, SQL).