Operational Risk and Assurance Manager
- £60,000 - £80,000
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Saxton Leigh
- 18 May 18 2018-05-18
Our client, a leading commodities broker, are seeking an experienced risk professional to join their team in London.
Our client is a leading commodities broker with a diverse client base.
- Develop and enhance the firm’s existing Operational Risk Framework and Standards.
- Lead the design and delivery of an appropriate assurance program to review and assess the robustness of the Firms controls in Compliance with applicable regulations.
- Embed MCM’s improved Operations Risk Policy within the business.
- Work with the line of business to ensure that all Risk Events are comprehensively captured in a timely manner.
- Identify business/regulatory risk issues, and be proactive in capturing possible mitigants and promoting possible solutions to manage any residual risks.
- Escalate, report and investigate errors, losses and near misses, identifying the root causes and overseeing the implementation of corrective actions.
- Analyse data and errors to identify emerging risks, related to new products or business process changes and propose effective solutions.
- Undertake proactive assurance reviews of the firm’s headline controls and policies and report findings to the MCM Board.
- Participate in the selection of Operational Risk application and infrastructure.
- Co-ordinate the implementation of the selected Operational Risk system to capture incidents and manage the workflow surrounding incident report requirements.
- Manage and drive MCM’s RCSA process across the European business.
- Provide management information and reporting on operational Risk exposures, incidents and trends.
- Provide input of operational risk exposures within MCM’s Governance reporting to various
- Group Committee’s.
- Provide input into MCM’s Cybersecurity Committee and approach.
- Strong background in Operational Risk methodologies with relevant experience gained within a financial institution
- Detailed understanding of EU regulations and conducting assurance reviews
- Good understanding of regulatory risks and assurance program protocols
- Familiarity with Brokerage business model and strategy
- Knowledge of one or more of the following areas: Foreign Exchange, Exchange cleared derivatives, OTC derivatives, Equities (settlement and clearing), Fixed Income. Base and precious metals.
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in documenting written policy useful.
- Strong analytical and IT skills would be a distinct advantage (Excel VBA, SQL).