Operational Risk and Control Analyst
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- BNP Paribas Asset Management UK Limited
- 22 Feb 18 2018-02-22
BNP Paribas Asset Management is the investment management arm of BNP Paribas, one of the world’s major financial institutions. Managing and advising EUR 580 billion in assets as at 31 March 2017, BNP Paribas Asset Management offers a comprehensive range of active, passive and quantitative investment solutions covering a broad spectrum of asset classes and regions. With close to 700 investment professionals and 600 client servicing specialists, BNP Paribas Asset Management serves individual, corporate and institutional investors in 75 countries around the world. Since 2002, BNP Paribas Asset Management has been a major player in sustainable and responsible investing.
ROLE DESCRIPTION AND PURPOSE
Implement the Operational Risk and Control (OR&C) Framework across all UK Asset Management to ensure all operational risks are identified, assessed and effectively mitigated.
Support the Head of UK Operational Risk and Control in driving the operational risk culture throughout the firm.
Operational Risk Events
- Investigate risk events identified within the business and escalate in accordance with the BNP Paribas Asset Management Incidents Policy.
- Ensure all risk events are promptly captured by operational departments in the internal incident management database and adequate corrective measures have been implemented to avoid reoccurrence.
Risk Mapping, Controls Testing and Procedures
- Arrange and conduct periodical risk and control assessment workshops across UK AM departments to ensure all Inherent & Residual risks and their associated controls have been identified and rated in accordance with the OR&C Framework.
- Implement, complete and perform the OR&C AM control review and testing programmes.
- Ensure that up to date procedures exist for all identified key processes and controls across all UK AM.
- Provide Procedures database training to all key users.
Management, Committees and Regulatory Reporting
- Contribute to the preparation of monthly/quarterly/semi-annual Board, Risk committees, Management and ad-hoc reports.
- Assist and contribute in the preparation of the Operational Risk Pillar II assessment in relation to the requirements for ICAAP.
- Monitor and liaise with the action owners to ensure all open internal audit and OR&C recommendations are addressed and closed by the due deadlines.
- Escalate any potential late closures to management as soon as possible.
- Understanding of Asset Management and the various asset classes: Equities, Fixed Income, Derivatives etc.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications: Excel, Word, Access and PowerPoint.
- The role holder will be proactive with a focus on continuous improvement in all areas of work.
- Possess the ability to establish and maintain a strong network of contacts across the organisation.
- Have the ability to effectively communicate across all levels of the organisation and adapt communication style as necessary.
- Deliver quality results, with a pragmatic ‘can-do’ proactive attitude which can be flexed in accordance with the changing environment
- Ideally, the role holder will have at least 2 years working experience of the various components of an Operational Risk framework.
If you are interested in this opportunity and meet the requirements, please apply here submititng a copy of your CV.
Deadline for applications is 14 March 2018.