To support the DCRO in reviewing and increasing the resilience of the risk management framework across the business. To identify and escalate heightened or out of appetite operational risks together with a clear set of recommendations to address these. A key focus of this role is the risk framework of the Regulated Business of LPPI, with an AUM of £17bn as of March 2019, across multiple asset classes including infrastructure, global equities, credit and direct investments.
- Ensure that operational risks are managed against FCA requirements, formalising procedures and developing polices, risk measurement/reporting, with oversight and investigation activity as appropriate.
- Support the functional teams and managers in the reporting of operational risk events and ensure that action plans are decided and implemented
- Enhance the internal control testing plan of LPPI.
- Establish and maintain LPP and LPPI risk registers and support the Audit and Risk Committees with any findings that demonstrate preventative controls to mitigate risks through to closure.
- Perform periodic process reviews on various processes or controls, report the results to senior management and work with teams to establish any remediation actions necessary
- Assist in the development of the risk management function, including implementation of processes, tools and systems to identify, assess, measure, manage, monitor and report risks
- Assist in the collection/centralisation and development (where needed) of Key Risk Indicators (KRIs)
- Work closely with the DCRO to determine whether control enhancements can be delivered and ensure that there is a collective increase in understanding of the firm's overall risk exposures
- To support the BCP, DRP and Insurance arrangements of the Group
- To support the successful implementation of a firm-wide Enterprise Risk Management software tool
- To be seen internally and externally (clients and peers) as a person with a strong knowledge of operational risk and internal controls
- To articulate and document the linkage between Risk Appetite Statements, Risk Registers, Internal Controls, 2nd Line Testing and Audit
- Work closely with the Investment Team, Compliance and Operations during product development, transformation projects and other key corporate change activities for appropriate risk identification.
- Provide appropriate and high-quality MIS to the relevant committees and reporting bodies of the Group
- Provide the finalised operational risk capital requirements to the DCRO Identification for review and challenge
The role holder will need to demonstrate the following qualities:
- Relevant experience and strong asset management background
- Demonstrable advanced knowledge and skills in carrying out Business Analysis including carrying 2nd Line Control Testing
- High commitment to quality with focus on accuracy and excellent attention to detail is required
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, along with the ability to deliver presentations/training explaining complex issues, and taking feedback, tailored to the audience
- Good level of numerical, analytical and report writing skills
- Knowledge of the workings of the FCA, an understanding of their key concerns and how this translates into their objectives in overseeing operational risk management
- Relevant professional qualifications or progress towards them
- A working knowledge of the ICAAP requirements, and intermediate experience of contributing to its preparation
- The confidence to work unsupervised where necessary and to have line management responsibility for more junior members of staff as the business develops
Reasonable adjustments will be made to working arrangements to accommodate a person with a disability who otherwise would be prevented from undertaking the work.