Operations - Credit Loans Middle Office - Analyst - London
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
We are open to considering requests for flexible working
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow.
At Goldman Sachs, our culture is one of teamwork, innovation and meritocracy. We often say our people are our greatest asset and we take pride in supporting each colleague both professionally and personally. From collaborative work spaces and mindfulness classes to working from home and flexible work options, we offer our people the support they need to reach their goals in and outside the office. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Job Summary & Responsibilities
Are you passionate about using your communication skills to influence discussions with internal business teams and outside clients, as well as, various Federation teams (including house lawyers, compliance, credit, regulatory teams and other Operations areas).
The team needs people who can prioritise and display flexibility; will pay close attention to detail and display a high standard of accuracy and responsiveness; have a positive attitude and will work towards accomplishing the goals of the team.
Our team of critical thinkers partners with groups in all areas of the firm to perform financial analytics, reporting, data analytics and engineering. From day one, team members play a vital role in upholding the three Operations principles of client focus, process innovation, and risk management.
The team sits within Operations and supports various GS business teams involved in secondary market trading of performing and non-performing loans. While loans are the primary product supported, the business continues to expand into other areas such as structured products, and private equities.
The team works in partnership with various GS business teams to ensure efficient pre-trade due diligence, execution and settlement (the ''closing'' role) of both par and distressed secondary loans. The team is responsible for helping to maintain the integrity and accuracy of the risk positions taken by the firm and resolving any trade settlement issues that may arise.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL:
The role involves (but is not limited to):
- Monitoring trading systems for new trades and confirming trades with outside clients
- Reviewing credit agreements and loan documentation to understand the requirements for deal specific transfers.
- Drafting, reviewing & negotiating transfer documents (including trade confirms & transfer certificates)
- Liaising with Legal, Compliance, Credit, Trading Desks, Agency and Servicing teams to ensure necessary approvals are obtained, pricing/cashflows are agreed, reconciled and settled within our system
- Co-ordinating of settlements with Client and Agents, ensuring all sign offs and approvals for transfer are obtained.
- Co-ordinating loan to loan and loan to private security restructures. This will involve working with Trading Desk, Controllers, Clients and Agents and Legal to confirm necessary documentation position updates.
The role provides a high level of interaction with trading, sales and outside clients, as well as exposure to in-house lawyers, compliance, credit, regulatory teams and other Operations areas covering the trading desk.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- Excellent people management and coaching skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet strict deadlines
- Ability to learn quickly in a fast-moving environment
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to keep track of a large workload
- Strong control mind set, to enhance the existing infrastructure to support increases in business
- Team oriented approach - ability to work across functions outside of Operations
- Strong organisational skills and flexibility, with the ability to cope with rapidly changing priorities throughout the day
- Excellent interpersonal skills and self-confidence, including the ability to deal with demanding business requirements, protecting the interests and reputation of GS whilst maintaining a commercial outlook
- Professional approach and ability to communicate well directly with external parties
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Knowledge of Bank Loans/ Loan Closing experience
- Experience of navigating Loan Credit Agreements highly advantageous but not essential
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity