Working within the Finance department and acting as a business partner to Front Office and Investor Relations, you will be expected to foster good relationships with external fund managers and service providers in order to deliver for our investors. The firm supports the Finance team’s collaborative, entrepreneurial spirit, and fast-paced atmosphere which has proven to be an ideal environment for team members to develop and flourish.
The Operations Accountant will encounter a broad remit and this opportunity exposes you to a diverse range of areas in Finance to ensure you have the opportunity to maximise your strengths. You will sit within the Investment Monitoring team, however the role will involve working collaboratively with our Fund Accounting team and Third-Party Administrators to achieve common goals, as well as a number of other areas both inside and outside of the organisation, per the below:
- Monitoring for receipt and processing of underlying Investments’ Financial Statements, Call and Distribution Notices and recording of expenses in the bespoke Investment Monitoring system.
- Capture of all portfolio investments’ underlying valuations, primarily from GP provided Capital Accounts, using sound judgement and interpretation.
- Collation, testing and provision of Quarterly and Annual valuations for inclusion in Accounts, LP meetings, and ad hoc investor circulars.
- Working alongside the Deal team to track progress and help to set up deals within Coller system
- Aiding in forecasting and monitoring cash requirements for the Coller Funds, ensuring sufficient liquidity to meet Investment costs and expenses whilst maximising returns to Investors.
- Assist in the preparation of a weekly reporting pack to be distributed to senior management.
- Daily monitoring and weekly reconciliation of Coller database to that of our Administrator.
- Reviewing the weekly reconciliation between the Administrator’s system and Coller Capital’s in-house system, checking for accuracy with attention to detail, and ensuring issues are dealt with in a timely manner
- Input to and maintenance of a sophisticated document management system.