- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 06 Aug 18 2018-08-06
My client is interested to see degree-educated operations, treasury, funding and collateral analysts with a very strong academic background who can demonstrate a strong working knowledge (circa 1-3 years) of as many as possible of the main operational functions within the above areas, in any/all of the asset classes. They would like to hear from people with experience of the trade capture, confirmation, reconciliation and lifecycle, treasury and funding and collateral management. They want to discuss direct experience they have from their experience to date, but also their understanding of where they fit within the trade lifecycle.
My client has open roles in both their Operations team and Collateral & Liquidity team.
Key Functions in the Operations Role:
• Trade booking and flow queries. “Middle office” type support, interacting with traders on desks directly and/or trading assistants.
• T0 trade exceptions and trade matching. Interaction with brokers, clearers, desks to resolve T0 breaks.
• T+1 reconciliations. Working with administrator to resolve break and clean down reconciliations, mapping back where things should have been caught on T0.
• Resolving trader queries and providing ad hoc reports to traders.
• Static data control and system configuration to aid trade flow through systems, internally to internal systems and externally to matching engines, PBs and administrators.
• Daily/Weekly/Monthly/Quarterly MIS reporting.
• Creation of month end brokerage invoices and tracking of brokerage receivable.
Key Functions in Collateral/Liquidity Role:
• Monitoring and payment of margin calls
• Margin call validation
• Trade valuation dispute resolution
• Fund/Trader Cash Usage Monitoring and Reporting
• Cash/Securities Fails Monitoring and Reporting
• Monitoring fund liquidity using a fund solvency stress test model
• Margin Analytics
• Improvement and streamlining of processes
• Daily interaction with counterparties, vendors, administrators.
• MI Production
• Daily fund cash management
• Prime Broker balance/transaction reconciliation
• Involvement/Testing in strategic/tactical projects
The ideal candidate must be able to demonstrate their knowledge of the processing flows they have seen, within the front to back flow in their current role.
They should also be able to demonstrate a good understanding of the control and risk implications of supporting those products/processes, as well as strong market/product knowledge.
The successful candidate will show they are aware of problems or challenges encountered in the operational support of these products and cite examples of where they have identified risks, resolved such problems and re-engineered processing, either at a tactical/”at the desk” or strategic/”on a project” level.