- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Half Sky Capital UK Limited
- 21 Sep 18 2018-09-21
Half Sky manages a global equity long/short fund focusing on consumer and TMT sectors. The team is currently seven people. Half Sky office is located on King’s Road in Chelsea.
- To own and control all aspects of day-to-day fund operations; confirmations, reconciliations, settlements, stock loans and corporate actions functions
- To perform desk assistant tasks for PM by sourcing stock borrows and setting up new instruments for trading
- To review all trade bookings and to ensure all allocations are booked correctly and communicated with brokers. In all cases, to lead the allocation splits and broker communication process
- To perform root cause analysis for software issues and ensure problems are escalated and resolved with the different service providers
- To coordinate with the external fund administrator to ensure all trades are correctly captured, recorded and reconciled
- To review and oversee the pricing and trade file management for the firm.
- To maintain and enhance the firms Portfolio Management System (Paladyne) and assist in the management of the vendor relationship to ensure timely resolution of systems issues
- To communicate end of day P&L estimates to the team
- To assist the PM and COO with performance and analytics reporting and ad hoc analysis
- To assist the COO with risk reporting
- To work closely with prime brokerage and counterparty operation teams to ensure smooth processes are in place for a clean workflow
- To perform best execution monitoring and assist with compliance projects where necessary
- Cash and treasury management
- To liaise with the auditors during the year end process with counterparty confirmations and provision supporting documentation
- Prior experience in a hedge fund, fund administrator or bank within middle office, operations or portfolio management support
- Technical knowledge of financial products (equities, CFDs, FX)
- A hands on approach with strong project management and problem solving skills
- Experience of working with and developing portfolio management systems (Paladyne experience is an advantage)
- Motivated and enthusiastic and keen to work in a fast paced environment therefore ability to demonstrate an entrepreneurial approach desirable.
- Attention to detail (cannot emphasize enough)
- Strong communications skills
If you are interested in this opportunity and fill the requirements, please apply here submitting a copy of your CV.
Deadline for applications is 30 September 2018.