An exciting opportunity has arisen to join an award winning, newly operating emerging markets macro hedge fund based in London. The fund trades a very broad mandate which gives the candidate exposure to multiple asset classes. The successful candidate will join a small team, so the position is best suited to an ambitious and analytical candidate who is keen to learn and assume a broader scope of responsibilities than in an established fund.
- Maintaining and improving operational infrastructure and portfolio management system
- Building new processes, maintaining procedures, updating policies
- Trade flow monitoring: FX & Options, IRS & CDS (both cleared and bilateral), fixed income, TRSs, listed derivatives, ETFs, CFDs
- T0 & T+1 trade, cash and positions reconciliations
- NAV and PnL reconciliations, fund invoices, feeder cash reconciliation
- Resolving portfolio managers trade and PnL related queries, providing ad hoc analysis
- Cash management (FX settlements, margin calls, unencumbered cash investments, non-usd cash conversations, trade fees reconciliation)
- Investor reporting, ad hoc reporting, process automation and project work
- Act as a focal point for resolution for all day to day operational issues
- Maintaining excellent relationships with brokers, PBs, custodian and administrator
- ~3 years of middle office experience
- Strong academic background from a numerical subject
- Strong understanding of trade flow, especially ISDA bilateral trading, exposure to NAV and managed accounts
- Good analytical skills, ability to understand new processes quickly
- Excellent communicator and team player
- Self-starter, ability to work autonomously and use own initiative
- Confident with technology, spreadsheets and ideally some VBA skills
- Knowledge of regulatory reporting, Ucits or programming skills would be beneficial but not essential .
The role would suit a candidate that would love to pursue a long term career in hedge fund operations. Job spec can be slightly altered for the right candidate to match the business needs with their career aspirations.