Operations Analyst - Hedge Fund/ UCITS - West End
- Very Competitive + Large Annual Bonus
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Arkesden Partners
- 12 Mar 18 2018-03-12
Arkesden Partners have been mandated by one of our major Hedge Fund clients to bring on board a team of Operations professionals at varying levels. This business has gone through a period of major growth recently, they have a very ambitious investment strategy and have cleared this UCITS fund which will be backing an AI/Social Media backed Futures Trading Platform in-house. The role holder will play a key role in the development and continuous improvement of our processes, controls, reporting deliverable and product launches.
The role holder will be one of an existing team of two Middle Officers. The primary function of the team is to provide assistance to the Portfolio Managers (they are 2 very senior members of the management team at the business, the candidates will be directly mentored by these two individuals).
The role holder will play a key role in the development and continuous improvement of our processes, controls, reporting deliverables and product launches.
The Operational Aspects of the Role Involve:
• Identification, resolution and oversight of issues escalated in respect of UCITS funds valuations.
• Resolution and oversight of issues escalated in respect of trade confirmation and settlement.
• Completion of daily NAV check for two UCITS Funds.
• Development and maintenance of ad-hoc tools for the Portfolio Managers.
• Completion of trading control checks.
• Keeping up to date with regulatory/market changes in respect of UCITS Funds.
• Liaison with Front Office, Marketing Department, Compliance and third party providers in respect of UCITS Funds queries.
• Development and continuous improvement of procedures and controls to the trading support and administration.
• Development and roll out of procedures to support new strategies.
• Ownership and resolution of escalated trading confirmation and settlement issues.
• UCITS operations experience (preferable) or a desire and ability to develop a detailed knowledge of industry per new strategies or new instruments.
• Knowledge of ISDA agreements, term sheets and rebates agreement.
• Good understanding of the investments operations environment – Middle or Back office.
• Good understanding of the required control framework within Investment Operations.
• Good understanding of Front and Middle Office investment systems.
• Good understanding of Bloomberg and its linkage to Microsoft Excel.
• Good Microsoft Excel skills.
• Investigatory skills.
• Data collection and interpretation skills.
• Process orientated.
• Higher (minimum) or Degree level qualification – market, finance or mathematical related discipline.
• Experience in working in a deadline-driven environment.
• We are also willing to consider talented candidates with less experience, or qualifications, who can demonstrate high potential to develop in the role.
For more information please get in touch with Jonty Day or Jennifer Redman at Arkesden Partners.