We are a boutique hedge fund that manages a global multi-asset fund on behalf of a high net worth family.
Operations Analyst Role:
This is an exciting opportunity for an operations analyst to learn about different asset classes including equities, fixed income, derivatives, commodities, funds and private equity and perform a variety of back and middle office functions.
The operations analyst will also get involved in maintaining and improving our in-house trade-capture system built in Access SQL and VBA, so basic to intermediate knowledge of VBA is a must.
- Maintaining and improving our in-house trade-capture system built in Access SQL and VBA
- Monitoring portfolio trades and ensuring timely settlement
- Liaising with the Administrator of the Funds on a wide-range of day to day fund-related queries
- Calculation and settlement of cash flows related to the initiation/reset of derivative securities
- Reconciliation of portfolio NAV, raising any discrepancies with the Administrator
- Cash and position reporting, collateral management
Experience and skills:
- Excellent Excel skills, basic to intermediate knowledge of VBA and Access SQL is a must.
- At least six months - one year of experience in either a fund administration role - in the middle or back office of an asset manager, a fund services provider, or an investment bank
- Knowledge of fund operations and fund accounting
- High level of numeracy and a capability to focus on attention to detail
- Familiarity with a wide range securities and asset classes
- Bloomberg knowledge a plus