We are looking for an academically minded and motivated candidate to join a small and dynamic Operations team in a broad role based in the West End. This respected boutique asset manager focuses on equities and is looking for someone with some operations experience or similar to gain exposure all through the business.
The role will involve:
- Trade support
- Fund monitoring and day to day management of internal valuation and reconciliation procedures
- Corporate actions & proxy voting
- Reporting: Produce reports using a combination of FactSet, MSCI, Excel, Bloomberg, internal OEMS and Microsoft
- Oversight and exceptions management of the external valuation processes and reporting of all global custodians and fund administrators.
- Daily oversight of FX transaction reporting and TCA analysis.
- Development and maintenance of internal operations procedures manual and assisting with the establishment of best practice across all operational functions.
- Providing cover for other core team functions when needed, including oversight of outsourced middle/back office processes and escalation of exceptions.
- Responding to internal and external data/reporting requests from the investment, compliance and business development teams, as well as from clients/consultants.
The candidate should:
- Have at least 1-2+ years Investment Operations experience and enjoy working with across all areas of this function.
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of the trade instruction, confirmation, fails, payment settlements, corporate actions, proxy voting and collateral processes.
- Have an understanding and experience of UCIT funds
- Ideally have working knowledge of VBA/Python (not essential but definitely a plus!)
- Have or be interested in taking further relevant qualifications.
- Accountancy experience or qualifications are a bonus
This is a fantastic firm to work at, with a good company culture and plenty of opportunities to grow and progress.
Due to the number of applications, we are only able to respond to those that meet all requirements. At Leverton Search, we prioritise equity throughout the entire recruitment process. We are committed to ensuring fairness and equal opportunities for all candidates. If there is anything we can do to make the process more accessible to you, please don't hesitate to let us know.