Job Title: Operations Associate Location: London Duration: 6 months with view to extend
Our company is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
One of the largest divisions in the Firm, Operations is the first line of defence for our company's financial and reputational well-being and essential in delivering value to our clients. Operations is responsible for correctly settling and recording millions of transactions per day, identifying and mitigating operational risk, developing strong client relationships and partnering with technology to realize the full potential of IT and Automation. Operations has a world-class team of innovative and dedicated professionals, with a unique vantage point in the Firm interacting with all parts of the business, front to back. The Operations Senior Management team are passionate about our people development and providing best in class employee opportunities through an inclusive, forward-looking environment defined by open communication, collaboration, learning, and proactive career management.
There are multiple teams across Operations which collaborate to achieve the firm's ongoing success;
- Position Services
- Client Operations
- Trading Operations
- Operational risk and control
ISG Product Operations is a world-class global team of dedicated professionals, performing a myriad of functions, all with a common purpose: to manage our Clearing and Trading & Client operational processes and deliver value to our clients in a controlled and efficient way. The broad organization partners closely with Sales and Trading to develop and implement new products and services as well as drive efficiency and reduce risk in our processes. At all times we are focused on delivering quality service to clients both internal and external.
- You will be working closely with the Front Office to provide the first level of control for the Interest Rate Derivative Trading desks.
- You will be responsible for offering the first line of defence for the Trading desk's franchise risk and risk in ensuring that the trade bookings are correctly reflected in both Front and Back Office systems and tie out with the Counterparty.
- You will be ensuring that all trades are booked and confirmed as intended by checking the Trading system verses internal MS systems and versus MarkitWire, liaising with Trading, Sales, Broker's or the Counterparty directly.
- You will be the intermediary between the Trading desk and other areas of the Bank. Controllers, Settlements and Confirmations areas will come to you to discuss and resolve issues to ensure that breaks are resolved effectively.
You will be responsible for ensuring current controls are enforced, liaising with IT and Projects Groups to initiate new controls and build STP to improve the firms infrastructure to increase both efficiency and control as you see fit to protect our franchise.
- You will need diplomacy and accuracy in dealing with Traders, Brokers, Sales people and focus clients.
- The pace of the desk demands that you complete each task quickly and accurately. You will be protecting our franchise and dealing with millions of dollars at risk. The ability to organise your time and complete each task on time will be a key factor in determining your suitability for the role.
- A high degree of accuracy and a willingness to learn new products is essential. This role is constantly changing and a willingness to adapt to new firm and industry initiatives and put forward your own ideas is of paramount importance.
- You will operate Trend, STIX, STS, Tripod, Triclear, TASER, Spire and any future internal applications. On the job training will be given to allow you to operate these in-house applications. An understanding of industry platforms such as MarkitWire, Tradeweb and Bloomberg is desirable.
- Daily deadlines are inflexible and the candidate should be organised to ensure the team meet all deadlines. The role requires the sharing and discussing of knowledge and information between the Trading, Sales, Settlements and Confirmations groups.
- You will be in constant communication with the front office, clients and many departments within the bank. You should be accurate, knowledgeable and professional in all dealings with whomever you may meet.
- You will work closely with your peers and you will need to share knowledge and act as a team player to get the most out of this role
- Awareness of current industry initiatives and regulatory landscape affecting OTC derivatives