Operations Associate Director
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 05 Nov 18
The primary responsibility of the position is to act as an SS&C GlobeOp representative who will work in partnership with our clients to fully understand their needs and requirements, in order that we can deliver a high level of service and exceed their expectations. The person needs to be experienced, capable and knowledgeable about middle office processing and able to work well with clients and team members in the office and in external locations.
Operations Associate Director
SS&C provides software and software-enabled services for the global financial services industry. Through a combination of organic innovation and strategic acquisitions, we have assembled a comprehensive selection of technology and service capabilities, backed by industry-leading expertise. Since 1995, SS&C has acquired 51 businesses with products, services and/or technologies in existing or complementary vertical markets. Acquisitions include GlobeOp, Advent Software, Citi Alternative Investor Services, Wells Fargo Global Fund Services and DST Systems.
SS&C has more than 20,000 employees worldwide. Our head office is located in Windsor, Connecticut with offices throughout North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and Australia. SS&C provides the global financial services industry with a broad range of highly specialized software, software enabled-services and software as a service (SaaS) solutions for operational excellence.
SS&C is the leading independent provider of cloud-based fund administration services and software for the alternative investment industry, including hedge funds, fund of funds, private equity funds and managed accounts.
The primary responsibility of the position is to act as an SS&C GlobeOp representative who will work in partnership with our clients to fully understand their needs and requirements, in order that we can deliver a high level of service and exceed their expectations. The person needs to be experienced, capable and knowledgeable about middle office processing and able to work well with clients and team members in the office and in external locations. Experience should include post-execution, middle office operations expert for all exchange traded instruments including equities, bonds FX, warrants, repos and derivatives. The role will be conducted within a middle office outsourcing team handling the middle office and trade processing. They will be responsible to maintain high level of service standards by working effectively with senior managers.
Role and responsibilities as an Associate Director:
- The position will take responsibility for managing the team looking after the service quality provided to the client.
- Understand the clients, their motivations, approach and any key issues and match our service accordingly
- Identify best practices and improve internal systems with an eye toward future needs and budget realities. Document operational processes and improve controls within the client service team work to assist Director in ensuring successful ISAE3402 / SSAE 16 annual reviews
- Provide programmatic leadership and input for all strategic plan implementation processes
- Daily oversight of all production related activities and management of client’s deliverables related to operations.
- Serve as a key point of escalation on matters and processes and resolve ad hoc client requests.
- Lead and support technical development projects for the clients.
- Carry out activities and tasks for clients as is required to achieve remarkable service standards.
- Ensure all services are provided to clients in accordance with the contracts between us any service level agreements (or equivalent) and works to ensue KPIs are kept to a minimum.
- Act as liaison between the client and the production team in India to ensure client satisfaction and work to build and maintain positive, effective relationships there
- Work closely with other departments within GlobeOp to ensure remarkable service for these clients including, Valuations, Sales, Fund Accounting, Operations and Technology
- Suggest and implement process improvements and utilize technology to improve efficiency and client satisfaction
- Be a subject matter expert within the Operations and provide comprehensive, in-depth consulting and leadership to team and partners at a technical level.
- Suggest and implement process improvements and utilise technology to improve efficiency and client satisfaction.
- Ensuring Operational standards are adhered to and any exception processes are fully documented and approved.
- Initiate projects when required, to facilitate IT Development or Process change. Ensuring full project management lifecycle standards/tasks are adhered to.
- Escalate any outstanding queries and projects to the reporting line where appropriate.
- Supporting the Sales efforts by attending pitches with prospective clients, consultants and Prime Brokers.
- Provide support to Associate Director and Director on preparing responses on RFPs and due diligence if required
- Lead or assist in devising successful implementation plans for clients and ensure any implementations take place on time, are executed to a high standard and progress reported to key stakeholders
- Work to build good relationships with key individuals at new client.
The following experience/skill set is essential for this role:
- A strong understanding of financial instruments, product lifecycles and settlement markets.
- A proven track record in Operational Risk & Control.
- Proven track record of driving changes initiatives (operation excellence) for efficiency and/or control.
- Demonstrated track record of strong client service
- Ability to work well under pressure in a high paced environment.
- Strong organizational, communication and prioritization skills.
- Must be a self-starter and able to consistently deliver results within strict timelines
- Must have good experience of managing a team
- 10+ years’ experience in operations
- Understanding of fund accounting, valuations and performance would be useful for the role.
Data Privacy Notice
The provision of personal information through your job application will be processed in accordance with SS&C Data Privacy Notice for Candidates (https://www.ssctech.com/Portals/0/Documents/pdf-assets/SSC-EEA-Data-Protection-Policy.pdf), which the applicant hereby acknowledges having read and fully understood.
SS&C is an Equal Opportunity Employer and as such does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.