Operations BA - Global COO - London - 6 month FTC The Role In this role you will implement multiple change items within Operations. This includes initiatives raised within operations but also external change impacting operations, for example new product launches or transformation led activity.
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Contract, Full time
- Aviva Investors
- 06 Jun 18
Operations Business Analyst (6mth FTC)
- Build and maintain a positive and constructive relationship with management and team members in all operations functions
- Build and maintain a positive and constructive relationship with key external providers
- Develop network of contacts across Aviva Investors including Front Office, Technology, transformation and risk/control teams
- Represent Operations at meetings, forums or project working groups where change is being considered, managed or reviewed
- Proactively engage with internal and external partners to progress analysis and implementation
- When completing analysis, try to identify opportunities to reduce complexity and simplify processes whilst identifying &minimizing potential risks to our business and appropriate controls to address
- Adhere to reporting frameworks, best practices and timeframes within Operations or as agreed with internal or external partners
- Communicate in a concise, balanced and effective manner regardless of communication method. Ensure communication style is appropriate for the audience/recipient and is always considered
- Escalate to management any immediate or potential risks or control failures regardless of ownership
- Understand and respect any organizational structures internally & externally
- Balance workloads across multiple projects to ensure traction and delivery are maintained in accordance with agreed deadlines or as directed by immediate management team
- Experience of investment management middle office processes (insourced or outsourced) supported with good background knowledge of the investment management industry, functions & services.
- Track record in managing complex change either within a project governance or operational role
- Demonstrable analytical and problem solving skills
- Proven ability to produce documentation with excellent attention to detail.
- Good presentation abilities and comfortable presenting to an audience
- Able to use and interpret financial data quickly and effectively.
- An advanced MS Excel, MS Visio and MS Word practitioner and comfortable across the Microsoft Office suite of applications.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to work with minimal supervision whilst adhering to deadlines.
- Aladdin experience preferred
Aviva Investors are proud to be a different kind of asset manager; our intelligent solutions are based entirely around our Clients objectives, not ours. Whether our clients are looking for a standard product or something completely bespoke, they can access world-class expertise. Our aim is to retain business with named clients by providing a high level of service. For today's investor
Diversity and Inclusion
Bring to Aviva what makes you different and we'll support you to do the best work of your life. We encourage applications from everyone who wants to help us achieve our purpose of helping our customers to Defy Uncertainty.
One of Aviva's core values is Care More, and this is bought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies. What's important to us is that you are supported to do the best work of your life. Diversity
You will be assessed against the Aviva values: care more, kill complexity, never rest and create legacy.