Operations Control Manager
JOB DESCRIPTION DEPARTMENT - Operations FUNCTIONAL TITLE - International Operations Control Team Manager CORP TITLE - VP
Jefferies, the global investment banking firm, has served companies and investors for over 50 years. Headquartered in New York, with offices in over 30 cities around the world, the firm provides clients with capital markets and financial advisory services, institutional brokerage and securities research, as well as wealth management. The firm provides research and execution services in equity, fixed income, and foreign exchange markets, as well as a full range of investment banking services including underwriting, mergers and acquisitions, restructuring and recapitalization, and other advisory services, with all businesses operating in the Americas, Europe and Asia. Team
The International Operations Control (IOC) team is part of the International Operations team and performs critical functions for the management of Operational Risk. IOC is responsible for the implementation and adherence to International Operation's Internal Control Framework which includes the production and oversight of key internal controls. The controls IOC produces and oversees cover all products traded by the Jefferies group on the international markets across the full product life cycle. The team works closely with multiple internal sections and departments, as well as externally to support audit and compliance requirements. IOC is committed to a program of continually improving our internal control processes to reduce Jefferies' Operational Risk profile. Role
Reporting to the Head of International Operations Control, the successful candidate will be managing the daily functions of IOC team, covering the production, oversight and reporting of controls for the International Operations Department. Key Responsibilities
The key responsibilities are:
Qualifications Person Specification
- Day to day management of four onshore and oversight of 3 offshore team members.
- Oversight of the controls produced to ensure the timely and accurate resolution of outstanding items. This includes working with the relevant teams within Jefferies, and in doing so building and maintaining close working relationships with the relevant teams.
- Identification and escalation of risk items and exposure.
- Ensure compliance with Internal policies and procedures
- Trend analysis of exceptions to identify recurring issues and to put forward solutions for their remediation.
- Risk reviews to test the effectiveness of existing controls and for the design of new controls.
- Provide support to projects, new initiatives and any investigations as and when required.
The following skills and experience are required for this role:
- Understanding of a risk based approach to Internal Control
- Understanding of the three lines of defence and the responsibilities of the first line of defence
- Analytical and logical mind-set with an ability to proactively challenge exceptions, explanations, processes and procedures
- Proactively takes responsibility and ownership
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written), with the confidence and capability to influence and challenge people across the organisation
- Excellent IT skills, with the ability to quickly learn and understand new systems and flows
- Ability to build strong working relationships and credibility with all levels of the business
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy, and timeliness