Operations Executive Assistant - Associate
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 17 Oct 18
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
One of the largest divisions in the Firm, Operations is the first line of defence for Morgan Stanley's financial and reputational well-being and essential in delivering value to our clients. Operations is responsible for correctly settling and recording millions of transactions per day, identifying and mitigating operational risk, developing strong client relationships and partnering with technology to realize the full potential of IT and Automation. Operations has a world-class team of innovative and dedicated professionals, with a unique vantage point in the Firm interacting with all parts of the business, front to back. The Operations Senior Management team are passionate about our people development and providing best in class employee opportunities through an inclusive, forward-looking environment defined by open communication, collaboration, learning, and proactive career management.
The EMEA Operations Administration team delivers first class, proactive support on a local and global basis to Operations senior management; ensuring consistency across Firm policies and procedures. The London team is diverse and multi-talented made up of 5 full time employees and 2 temps with a wealth of experience and knowledge.
This role is an excellent opportunity for an Executive Assistant to join a busy and demanding environment. The successful candidate will predominantly provide support to 2 Managing Directors, 1 Senior Executive Directors and work as a team player within the wider administrative group.
Key responsibilities include diary management, expense management, travel, office management and team coverage
Diary Management / Active Meeting Support:
- Control of business schedule and diary management for the senior members of the team and provide secretarial and administrative assistance to support other team members as required.
- Act as a Gate Keeper with full ownership and accountability of a professional schedule; proactively managing calendar, pre-empting and resolving clashes independently.
- Forward planning of key events such as business travel, board meetings, quarterly open forums, and bi-annual management off sites/planning sessions.
- Provide meeting support for external visitors; including arranging visitor passes and conference catering
- Coordinate Management materials. Actively supporting MD's to ensure they have sufficient materials ahead of time to prepare for meetings accordingly (i.e. pre-reading)
- Provide full meeting support for complex multi time zone meetings including regional room bookings, invite management and multi point VC connections
- Process expenses both out of pocket and card transactions in multiple currencies ensuring they are correctly reconciled and FX loss/gain is balanced, within timeframes as established in Expense Policy
- Provide administrative support for complex multi-location trips, taking care of all logistics including researching travel options, arranging visa?s, flights, trains, hotels, cars and currency. Ensure relevant agendas and itineraries are organised in advance
- Ensuring compliance with the Firmwide expense and travel policies
- Arrange office space, building access and local admin support at visiting Morgan Stanley office
- Work closely with the Divisional Management / COO Team to roll out new initiatives
- Process invoice payments ensuring correct approval flow has been followed
- Onboarding of new joiners ensuring they have a allocated desk, PC and equipment
- Order office equipment and resources including business cards and stationary as required
- Develop good working relationships with other Assistants within the broader department and provide "buddy cover" as required ensuring consistent Assistant coverage during lunch breaks, holidays and sickness.
- Provide support to visiting Senior Management overseeing all associated arrangements including desk allocation ensuring work area is fit for purpose
- Experience in a similar high-performance environment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality on all aspects of work.
- An experienced, confident, friendly "people oriented" personality required with an ability to liaise with people at all levels of the organisation to achieve work goals.
- Ability to be able to remain calm under pressure and deal with last minute changes to schedules effectively and efficiently.
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication.
- Ability to use own initiative and judgement.
- Highly organised and capable of multi-tasking to meet deadlines.
- Intermediate/advanced in Microsoft applications particularly Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.