Operations Guarantees Analyst
Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG) is one of the world’s leading financial groups. Headquartered in Tokyo and with approximately 350 years of history, MUFG has a global network with 1,100 offices in over 40 countries. The Group has over 140,000 employees, offering services including corporate banking, commercial banking, retail banking, wealth management, investment banking, capital markets, personal and corporate trust, and transaction banking.
Main purpose of role:
Guarantees team are part of the Transaction Processing Unit, within the Operations Division for EMEA. Transaction Processing provides efficient and accurate processing, ranging from single-touch, single entry to multi-touch, complex transaction processing.
The Guarantees team is responsible for the timely and accurate processing of Customer Guarantee Applications and the booking of the obligation Into the Banks Books and records. The Guarantees
Teams reports in to the Head of Loans and provide services to the customers of the Commodity and Structured Trade Finance and Transaction Banking Divisions.
The Guarantees Team Analyst will work on issuance and amendments of Guarantees, as well as dealing with scheduled and unscheduled events, fee administration, issues and queries, these must be dealt with quickly and efficiently, and these must be administered in accordance with the relevant Instruction and/or procedure.
No of Direct Reports:
- Completion of daily obligations in accordance with Facility Agreements, Head Office rules, and regulations.
- Responsible for the accurate input of work, and verification of transactions.
- Proactively manage events related to portfolio of Facilities, including fee and loan related claims, calculations, advices, rate-fixing, and settlements.
- Provide assistance, as requested, to line management in the control of daily work flows to ensure timely completion of daily obligations.
- Escalation to Line Management of any issues that may affect a particular facility or event.
- Ability to locate and use simple clauses in the Facility Agreement to determine appropriate actions
- Provide general support to facilitate the implementation of projects as and when necessary
- Communicate and negotiate with a variety of Stakeholders, including Front Office, Lenders and Borrowers in order to administer events on a portfolio of loans.
- Build relationships throughout MUFG to establish a peer network, gather relevant information and help to ensure effective inter-departmental collaboration.
- Operate as product specialist providing subject matter expertise where required.
- A level or equivalent education is essential.
- Equivalent experience will be considered.
- Industry qualifications, i.e. CDCS, CSDG will be an advantage.
- Experience working with Bank Guarantees and SBLC's required
Functional/Technical Skills and Knowledge requirements
• Working knowledge of Bank Guarantees and Standby’s and their life cycle
• Demonstrable experience of Guarantee Maintenance
• Understanding of Applicable rules and Laws UCP600, ISP98,URDG748 etc.
• Working knowledge of MT7XX series messages
Refer to the High Performance Capability Framework to see further detail on the requirements for your corporate title
Integrity and Responsibility
-Balance Risk with Opportunity
-Demonstrate Global Perspective
Professionalism and Teamwork
-Drive For Results
-Collaborate and Build Partnerships
-Communicate Effectively and Professionally
Challenge Ourselves To Grow
-Influence and Inspire Others
-Lead Change & Seek Continuous Improvement
-Manage and Develop Talent