Operations Management Information Associate - 12 Month FTC
MUFG Securities is the European hub of MUFG’s securities business. Headquartered in London we have just over 600 employees and are active throughout the international capital markets, focusing on debt, equity, derivatives and structured products. It is this vision and our corporate values that reflect who we are and guide how we behave. We therefore strive to recruit individuals who share our vision and values, and who have the motivation and commitment to help us move our business forward.
Overview of the Department/Section:
An excellent opportunity to join the Operations Business Management team supporting the running of the Operations Division.
As a member of the Business Management team, you will be responsible for supporting the governance of Operations to improve the Quality, Efficiency and Productivity. You will support Operations by producing relevant management information reports (including trend analysis), coordinate with stakeholders to deliver Balanced Scorecard initiatives. The role requires a ‘client first’ approach to be taken.
Main Purpose of the Role:
The role will require a candidate with a good understanding of Management Information reporting, excellent organisation and stakeholder management skills, capable of gathering large data sets to produce clear, concise and meaningful reports for the appropriate audience.
Managing clerical or other administrative tasks such as events planning, office equipment, billing and maintaining divisional communication channels.
• Collate and accurately produce management information reports, including analysing trends, collaborate with stakeholders to identify solutions to issues;
• Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources and present to management in a clear and concise manner;
• Support in administrative tasks to ensure smooth running of the division;
• Coordinate with stakeholders (including HR & Tokyo Head Office) to develop and implement a training framework where knowledge & skills across Operations is improved;
• Promote Corporate Social Responsibility within Operations;
• Enhance profile of Operations using FIDES (Intranet), Noticeboards etc. to ensure accurate and up to date information is available to all staff;
• Develop a good understanding of operations, key controls and overall risk & governance framework and where appropriate provide guidance and support to the management team;
• Support delivery of change initiatives, ensuring good practice project management principles and guidelines are followed;
• Coordinate and organise events, including supporting Operation’s Business Continuity and Disaster recovery framework;
• Manage issues independently and within the team, providing regular status updates in a timely manner to ensure visibility of the overall progress.
Skills and Experience:
Functional / Technical Competencies (Essential):
• Strong MS Excel skill (experience using Vlookup, Pivot Tables and Graphs);
• Computer literacy skills, Microsoft office including MS Outlook;
• Presentation skills.
Work Experience (Essential):
• 1-2 years working in a professional office environment;
• Experience in handling, analysing, interpreting a wide variety of data and presenting the results to stakeholders.
Education / Qualifications (Essential):
• Degree qualified, or equivalent work experience.
• Strong Stakeholder Management Skills;
• Strong organisation skills, ability to prioritise workloads to meet multiple deadlines;
• High attention to detail and good presentation skills;
• Strong communication skills.