Operations Manager for Contact Centre required, financial services experiences preferable. Dynamic environment where innovation and the ability to motivate, energise and train staff would be ideal
Main purpose of the Role
To lead, manage and develop the daily operations to ensure targets and KPI’s are achieved and delivered through leading, motivating and developing Managers and Team Leaders and their teams. This is a hands-on management role, which also requires strong strategic leadership.
Main duties and responsibilities
Duties to include but are not limited to:
- Lead, motivate and develop direct reports (Team Leaders and Managers) in the day to day running of the operation.
- Lead and manage by example to ensure commitment, loyalty and high performance levels of all employees.
- Be accountable for delivering performance targets in line with agreed service levels and managing performance at both strategic and tactical levels.
- Provide regular feedback to you direct reports and exceed required performance expectations.
- Ensure sound and well-defined criteria and a clearly established process for approving, amending, renewing and re-financing loans.
- Maintain and monitor staff, skill attributes, expectations and motivation to fulfil organisational requirements.
- Enhance the commitment to treating customers fairly and ensure this is embedded and developed in the business.
- Receive and act on management information and ensure decisions are properly documented.
- Contribute to continuous improvement by recommending, aiding and effectively managing in the implementation of any changes.
- Deliver regular, accurate and appropriate Management Information and reports to the Senior Management Team and Board of Directors.
- Evaluate and improve performance by reviewing and reporting on target and KPIs.
- To adhere to all Company Policies and Procedures.
- To undertake any other duty or responsibility that may reasonably be requested and allocated by the Managing Director.
Key Skills and Experience Required
- Several years’ experience in hands on senior managerial role and within Financial Services.
- Financial literacy and sound business acumen.
- Excellent people management, leadership and coaching skills, experience of assembling, leading and developing high performing teams, and a working knowledge of HR processes.
- Experience of developing and implementing strategic business planning.
- Experience of instigating and leading change to progress business objectives.
- Be able to build strong relationships with business stakeholders.
- Exceptional written, interpersonal and verbal communication and presentation skills with an ability to communicate at all levels and build professional relationships.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Excellent planning, multi-tasking and organisation skills.
- Excellent problem resolution skills.
- Highly competent in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).