Operations Manager(Hedge Fund) - Hong Kong
- Highly Competitive plus significant bonus
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Mirage Recruitment
- 13 Jun 18 2018-06-13
A world leading investment firm is strengthening its derivatives operations in Hong Kong and are looking for a dynamic individual who can help them continue to develop and improve .If the lifestyle change appeals read on!!
In this role you will:
• Lead the support provided to the Asian traders for the Operations department
• Understand the trade flow process for all products traded for different Capula funds/accounts and the roles of Prime Brokers, clearers and administrators
• Be able to prioritize and make sure that all tasks are done in a timely manner with every checklist item covered by EOD.
• Ensure that all new trades booked on the Blotter or Titan are matched with trade recaps (electronic platforms where applicable) and captured in Front and administrator’s systems correctly
• Process unwinds and novations as per FO requests on the Blotter and in Mwire/ICE
• Resolve trade discrepancies and any position related queries with FO, Product Control, Market Risk, Administrators or Counterparties
• Monitor expiry reports and broker notifications for all products held by Asian traders, liaise with FO and process expiries
• Understand FIX connections with applicable brokers and be able to resolve any issues relating to them.
• Process electronic file uploads for voice trades with applicable brokers
• Monitor group inbox and process emails relating to Tradeflow team, including trade recaps, upload messages, queries, requests, reports etc
• Monitor MTM, Mwire, ICE, Omgeo and Titan Alert and ensure that all trades are matched and affirmed on trade date, otherwise chase counterparties or traders for any outstanding actions and monitor the deals until done
• Process wire transfers as authorized
• Assist Prime Brokers with queries for bonds and repo settlements in Asian hours
• To assist the Operations Managers with projects as required.
• Liaise with the Asian trading teams to assist them with matters that fall outside the Operations department, other than executing or booking trades
• Follow up with any project work for the traders and communicate effectively with all parties involved including the line manager
The client is a London based multi billion AUM Investment manager with offices worldwide is a leader in its asset class and strategies. As well as being strong and stable in its asset base, the performance of the funds is equally impressive. They have a history of hiring quality candidates who have the potential to develop so although this role is a mixture of operations, trade support and transaction processing, there is no ceiling as to where you will eventually end up!!
The ideal candidate will be knowledgeable across multiple asset classes with a particular emphasis on fixed income/derivatives.You will be a well-educated graduate with at least 7-10 years’ experience in operations / trade support. You will be looking for a position where you can take on responsibility and progress to whatever area your talents and interests take you. This role has come up as a result of an internal promotion.
Once here, people tend to stay and get promoted. The work is inevitably intellectually challenging and the bonuses are always above par even in difficult years!! As well as strong organisational skills, your interpersonal skills will be equally important. There is a strong team ethos here and interaction with the front office/senior partners is constant.
If the idea of working in an exciting demanding environment appeals, please send through your cv and salary details to firstname.lastname@example.org