Operations Manager – Tax Control Group
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- 15 Jul 18 2018-07-15
Operations Manager – Tax Control Group
Corporate Title: Vice-President (VP)
Line of Business: Global Banking and Markets Operations (GBAM Ops)
Want to join a high-energy team with a culture that inspires excellence and nurtures talent? Here in our London office we are currently looking for a highly motivated professional to join our team within the GBAM Tax Control group.
You will lead the Global Markets AEOI reporting team. We handle the co-ordinating, generating and submitting of FATCA and CRS reports for 132 legal entities across 36 countries.
You will develop a dynamic team that is responsible for our end to end reporting process for Global Markets. Ideally you will have previous experience in leading projects and implementations within the Operations space, together with previous experience of leading people.
What will your responsibilities be?
- Working with global and line of business partners to recertify entity business activities and obtain financial account data
- Implementing Corporate Tax mentorship to classify financial account holders and settle reportable financial accounts
- Working with vendors to generate reporting
- Co-ordinating associates/vendors to ensure reporting is submitted accurately and timely
- Tracking reporting progress across regimes and jurisdictions, and providing partner updates
- Performing quality assurance of the above processes
- Providing tactical/strategic requirements to project management team
- Performing User Acceptance Testing
What skills and competencies will you ideally have?
- Project management experience
- Experience in Financial Services; Investment Banking experience is helpful
- Previous supervisory or people management experience
- Experience of working within regulatory framework - Experience of FATCA and CRS implementations is helpful
- Ability to work on several items concurrently and handle multiple deadlines
- Assertiveness, listening, influencing and diplomacy skills, allied with good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to run effective meetings, with all levels of partner
- Self-starter and able to work unsupervised. You can handle your own time and know when to raise critical issues
- Competent with MS products - Word, Excel and PowerPoint
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Bank of America is one of the world's leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses, large corporations and governments with a full range of financial and risk management products and services. Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the marketing name for the global banking and markets businesses.
The company has had a presence in EMEA since 1922. With offices in 23 countries on three continents, it offers an integrated and comprehensive set of products and services across Global Corporate and Investment Banking, Global Markets and Consumer Card, serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and government clients, combining the best of local knowledge and global expertise. Developing solutions for social and environmental challenges is at the core of Bank of America Merrill Lynch's responsibility platform. In more than 90 countries around the world, we partner with employees, clients and stakeholders to help make financial lives better.
If you're interested in this opportunity please send your details to us by applying online.
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It's important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mind-set are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment.