Operations Risk and Control Associate / AVP
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 18 Jun 18 2018-06-18
The Operations Control function drives the risk and control agenda covering oversight, governance, and challenge across EMEA Wholesale Operations. As a part of our team, you'll gain exposure to senior management and our wider business in the region and globally.
The core priorities of the department comprise:
- Promoting a strong risk and control culture.
- Performing process risk analysis and monitoring, including oversight of the Risk and Control Self-Assessment process in Operations and review of Governance procedures over regulatory and emerging risk areas such as Robotic Process Automation, AI and Vendor Management.
- Issue management, including monitoring of Operational risk events, assisting and challenging in the root cause analysis to determine the required mitigating actions and monitoring those actions through to completion.
- Executing testing and quality assurance reviews of Operations processes and controls.
- Support and enhance the risk and control environment.
- Management of risk registers, including the follow up of outstanding actions within the Operations functions.
- Root cause analysis of risk events, partnering with the Operations line teams to ensure actions are taken to prevent recurrence.
- Assessing the impact of new products and process changes within Operations by collaborating with Middle Office, Regulatory and Shared Services teams.
- Monitor and collaboratively challenge line teams on their risk indicators, communicating issues to management where appropriate
- Support the digital transformation within Operations by leveraging new toolsets and assessing the risk impact of new technology.
- Supporting the counterparty and market monitoring process.
- Frequent interaction with other areas of the bank including the Operational Risk, Compliance and Front Office Supervision.
Key objectives critical to success:
The key objective for this role is to proactively support Operations management in maintaining, strengthening and maturing the control environment.
Skills, experience, qualifications and knowledge required
- Excellent communication skills across all levels - able to build relationships and have confidence to challenge
- Understanding of front to back trade lifecycle and related controls
- Ability to build and understand process flows in order to assess controls and identify risk points
- Attention to detail
- Understanding of Operations Risk concepts
- Analytical skills and the ability to turn data into information