FINANCIAL SERVICES RECRUITMENT
LONDON | NEW YORK
Operations Technical Specialist
My client, a leading and very well-respected Investment Management firm, is looking to recruit an Operations Technical Specialist who will be responsible for covering all aspects of operational duties but with a concentration on custodial and system reconciliations.
My client, a leading and very well-respected Investment Management firm, is looking to recruit an Operations Technical Specialist who will be responsible for covering all aspects of operational duties but with a concentration on custodial and system reconciliations. The successful candidate will be required to ensure that the in-house systems are correctly aligned to relevant custodians for the account. You will also be responsible for a range of static data set up and maintenance along with ad hoc project work.
* Accountable for the ultimate resolution of daily reconciliation of systems to custodian records to cover stock and cash positions.
* Reconciliation with custodians to cover book costs and prices where required.
* Sourcing of additional data to supplement our Performance Reporting from a variety of market sources.
* Develop relationships with custodians where possible to allow for integration of their data to internal systems, in conjunction with product area.
* Write, review, update and maintain robust departmental procedure manuals, ensuring accurate controls and records are maintained.
* Ensuring all Corporate Actions are correctly posted by our custodian and the appropriate book costs are assigned.
* Act as the main contact point for more complex Corporate Actions issues.
* Assist with transition processes of new offices especially where bulk transfer of data to ensure all data is uploaded in the most efficient way.
* Monitor group email inbox and ensure queries are responded to within our agreed service level.
* Produce monthly management reports.
* Administration of the company Loan Account.
* Maintenance of required stock watch lists in various portfolio management and trading systems.
* General data review and tidy up as problems or inconsistencies are identified.
* Provide technical advice and help to resolve complex problems.
* Monthly Adviser Remittance Statement review and any corrective action required.
* Act as 'key business user' on other projects such as system changes or new products representing functional area.
* Testing, administration and management of fee charging system.
* Testing, administration, management and understanding of performance reporting system.
* Have an understanding of the CGT reporting process.
* Keep knowledge current for regulatory and industry developments through reading and attendance at relevant seminars.
* Familiarity with retail financial services, investment management, brokerage operations desirable.
* Knowledge of Nominees/Dividends/Corporate Actions/Reconciliations.
* Knowledge of ISAs/SIPP/OPB accounts.
* Knowledge of taxation and banking procedures helpful but not essential
* Previous exposure to Bloomberg is an advantage.
* Detailed knowledge of Pershing (UK) operations, systems and policies is an advantage.
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Charles Levick
- 12 Dec 17