A great opportunity to join our Technology Division, with the platform delivery team who enable Macquarie's global activities by undertaking the design and implementation of IT infrastructure related projects.
As the successful applicant, you will be responsible for delivering solutions and support for our evolving database environment as part of a global team. The database environment is complex, with Oracle, Sybase, SQL Server running on Linux and Windows platforms.
Your responsibilities will include deploying, upgrading and maintaining the database fleet, providing feedback on the health of the environment and creating automation for repeatable requirements. You will need to have recent experience in developing and deploying database server design patterns.
This position will suit you if you are a skilled Oracle DBA, with a DevOps mindset who has a strong interest in career advancement in a technical stream. This, however, is not a team lead or managerial position.
You will be required to be available for after-hours support through a roster based system.
Your day to day responsibilities will include:
- Oracle Database administration with versions 12c and 19c.
- comfortable administrating through Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM), but able to operate at the command line when required
- proven understanding of the Oracle Database architecture and internals
- experience supporting Oracle Grid Infrastructure, RAC and ASM
- experience customising Oracle Enterprise Manager to deliver support
- thorough knowledge of performing RMAN database restoration under a variety of different scenarios and the information required to support restoration
- experience patching and rollback of Oracle Grid Infrastructure and Databases
- troubleshooting incidents through OEM, Database and Cluster logs
- evidence based review of Application, Database, OS and Hardware with clear communication of bottlenecks within a system.
It would be highly beneficial to have skills or experience in:
About the Corporate Operations Group
- experience of working within a DevOps team providing 24x7 support for over 100 databases per support DBA
- programming experience with Python, Java, GO, and/or demonstrable open-source contributions.
The Corporate Operations Group brings together specialist support services in Digital Transformation & Data, Technology, Operations, Human Resources, Business Services, Business Improvement & Strategy, and the Macquarie Group Foundation. We deliver service excellence to ensure Macquarie is open for business, deliver on transformational change, invest in our people and have deep relationships with our customers. Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths, and an inclusive workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of 'empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future', we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
As an inclusive employer, Macquarie does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
Joining Macquarie means you'll be able to work in a way that suits you best. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.