Oracle Database Developer
MUFG Securities EMEA plc is the European hub of MUFG’s securities business. Headquartered in London we have just over 600 employees and are active throughout the international capital markets, focusing on debt, equity, derivatives and structured products. It is this vision and our corporate values that reflect who we are and guide how we behave. We therefore strive to recruit individuals who share our vision and values, and who have the motivation and commitment to help us move our business forward.
Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG) is one of the world’s leading financial groups. Headquartered in Tokyo and with approximately 350 years of history, MUFG has a global network with 1,100 offices in over 40 countries. The Group has over 140,000 employees, offering services including corporate banking, commercial banking, retail banking, wealth management, investment banking, capital markets, personal and corporate trust, and transaction banking.
The Group’s operating companies include Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ, Mitsubishi UFJ Trust and Banking Corporation (Japan’s leading trust bank), and Mitsubishi UFJ Securities Holdings Co., Ltd., one of Japan’s largest securities firms.
MUFG conducts securities business internationally through its overseas subsidiaries MUFG Securities EMEA plc, MUFG Securities Americas Inc., MUFG Securities Asia Limited. and MUFG Securities Asia (Singapore) Limited. With each member of the group working in partnership with one another, MUFG provides best in class service and products to corporate and institutional clients.
MUFG Securities EMEA plc is the European hub of MUFG’s securities business. Headquartered in London we have just over 600 employees and are active throughout the international capital markets, focusing on debt, equity, derivatives and structured products. Due to the diverse nature of our business we require a clear unifying vision for all of our people. It is this vision and our corporate values that reflect who we are and guide how we behave. We therefore strive to recruit individuals who share our vision and values, and who have the motivation and commitment to help us move our business forward.
Corporate Technology’s Finance-IT team is involved with long term project work around the bank’s Capital and Liquidity systems. MUSI is regulated by the FRA and PRA and as the regulatory environment continues to evolves, the bank requires skilled Technologist’s to undertake development and testing the regulatory reporting platform, Moody’s Risk Authority.
Main purpose of the role:
As a senior developer you will be instrumental in delivering functionality around Capital and Liquidity reporting using the banks regulatory reporting platform Moody’s Risk Authority using Oracle 12c database.
• Analyse requirements defined by the project team and work closely with BA’s and end-users to clarify/crystallise scope & deliverables
• Provide day-to-day support of the Moody’s system addressing any issues, defects in a timely manner
• Develop new functionality or enhancements using Oracle database technologies including PL/SQL based packaged procedures, functions, VPD, views, materialised views, common database API’s, SQL*Loader routines etc…
• Ensure database development is in-line with modern Oracle database development practices and database optimisation, throughput, scale and efficiency have been factored in the design of the build
• Test functionality in conjunction with the Moody’s RAY application and ensure due diligence has been carried out prior to engaging user acceptance testing
• Documenting development through technical design documents, installation documents, unit test cases etc…
• Provide timely updates to stakeholders in terms of progress and status of issues
• Work with Oracle support, raising SR’s if required and providing diagnostic information when required
• Ensure all development is compliant with MUSI change control and information risk policies
• Communicate with wider technology teams to ensure fixes or enhancements are executed in a controlled and co-ordinated manner
Skills and experience:
• Extensively worked with database management systems such as Oracle and be considered an expert in this field
• A strong understanding of database languages including SQL*Plus & PL/SQL
• Ideally have experience with working on Moody’s RAY, or similar regulatory reporting systems
• Strong experience working with interfaces and have a good appreciation of ETL techniques and reporting technologies
• Have been involved with project implementations with a solid understanding of the project life cycle and different implementation techniques
• Pay great attention to detail and be client driven with a focus on delivery and milestones
• Have exceptional communication skills, being able to converse with a wide variety of stakeholders including department heads
• Have exposure working with scheduling software such as Control-M, Autosys, Tivoli etc…
• Excellent time management with strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise tasks and manage a busy workload
• A fast learner who can interpret requirements from subject matter experts
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Strong attention to detail
• A flexible approach to working tasks and hours
• Professional and articulate
• A team player with the ability to work with others and independently
• Proactive and motivated with the ability to act on their own initiative
• A results focused approach with the motivation to drive business activities forward
• The ability to work within a pressurised environment, meeting challenging deadlines