Oversight and Controls Manager, SGSS
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Société Générale - UK
- 22 Sep 17
Oversight and Controls Manager, SGSS
People join for the impact they can have on us. They stay for the impact we have on them. A flatter structure offers visibility and exposure beyond that of our competitors, so you know our names, and we know yours. It's personable, human, and inspires success through passion. By encouraging open mindedness and a willingness to share ideas, we have adapted to market changes and thrived through innovation. Bringing words like “hard work” and “dedication” together with “community” and “respect” has enabled us to work collaboratively and build our future together. We call this Team Spirit and it's what makes us different. It's what makes you different.
Description of the Business Line or Department
As part of SGSS, TDS – UK has been established to provide trustee and depositary services to UK domiciled investment funds constituted under both UCITS and AIFMD under the appropriate regulatory permissions required by the FCA and the PRA.
Societe Generale Securities Services (SGSS) in the UK is a business line of Societe Generale London Branch.
SGSS is a pan European providers which offers a full range of securities services:
• Custody & Trustee services
• Fund Administration & Asset Servicing
• Fund Distribution, liquidity Management, Issuer Services & Clearing services
Summary of the key purposes of the role
Reporting to the Head of TDS –UK, the Oversight & Controls Manager is required to work closely with the TDS Controls Officer to oversee and manage the workflow of TDS in accordance with documented policies and procedures to ensure that trustee/depositary's oversight obligations in respect of the fund are discharged in compliance with UK and EU regulations.
The Oversight & Controls Manager is also be expected to support the Fiduciary & Technical Manager in managing the client site visit review programme in accordance with documented policies and procedures.
In discharging the specific regulatory responsibilities of the depositary, the Oversight & Controls Manager must ensure that the Authorised Fund Manager is acting in the best interests of unitholders ( FCA COLL Rule 6.6B 2, UCITS Article 25).
Summary of responsibilities
Working closely with the rest of the team:
• Assist in the development of controls and procedures to discharge the depositary's responsibilities of oversight und UK and EU regulations
• Ensure the implementation and completion of documented procedures and controls.
• Development of the control plan, ensure planned checks are on time and monitor follow-up activities.
• Completion of monthly management reporting on performance against the control plan
• To ensure that all information within the relevant systems is up to date, developing and implementing new controls to meet new regulatory requirements.
• To validate all information sent to clients ( eg . monthly reporting, certification of the inventory, confirmation of the number of units, abnormal forms and reporting) and all specific requests.
• Coordinate the relationship with other entities such as the Fund Administrator, Transfer Agent
• Participate in management of specific client relationships in conjunction with the Head of TDS -UK
• Participate as required in site review visits and drafting of subsequent reports
• Participation in SGSS cross-functional projects.
Level of Autonomy and Authority
Under guidelines defined by the Head of TDS, moderate level of autonomy.
• Management skills (managing people)
• Operational skills (including use of appropriate IT applications)
• Regulatory skills
• Strong communication skills
• Independent critical thinking & decision making abilities
• Ability to work under pressure
• Analytical skills
• FCA COLL Rules
• FCA FUND Rules
• UCITS ( Undertakings in Collective Schemes)
• AIFMD (Alternative Investment Fund Managers Directive)
If you feel you have the required experience and qualifications, then please apply to the SG Resourcing Team, and we will manage your application. At Societe Generale, we believe our people are our strength and are core to the success of our business. As such, we search for, recruit and appoint the best available person on the basis of aptitude and ability, regardless of sex, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, pregnancy, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or gender reassignment.