PE Fund seeks Candidate with Financial Due Diligence and Operational Improvement Experience for portfolio role
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Arkesden Private Equity
- 19 Mar 18 2018-03-19
Our client is a leading PE with a long track record in successful operational success, who are looking to hire an individual to join their Operations & Portfolio Management team in London. Prior FDD and Performance Improvement Experience required.
- Analyse new business opportunities for the Private Equity Team and the Portfolio Companies and consult with the management of the Private Equity Team and the Portfolio Companies regarding the same;
- Have a strong understanding of the wider aspects involving the legal, tax and structuring aspects of potential portfolio groups, and managing those advisors who undertake responsibilities in these individual areas;
- Having led the Due Diligence process, be the go to operational person within the portfolio company, with the chance to work as CFO or COO, and have flexibility on long term stance within the company;
- Demonstrate strong technical modelling capabilities with the ability to both create new models in support of portfolio company investments and audit advisor generated work for accuracy and completeness;
- Provide advice and assistance with regard to general industry trends and the competitive landscape of the asset pools and companies;
- Monitor and advising operating performance of acquired portfolio servicing companies and third party service providers. This includes detailed analytical reviews to determine trends and behavioural patterns, comparing actual performance vs. forecasts, creating operational initiatives and performance metrics, helping management plan for near and long term goals, and assessing the financial stability of key vendors to detect possible risk to portfolio or company performance;
- Provide thorough project management skills including organizing and running critical operations initiatives for portfolio companies, related bid/bolt on acquisitions processes which requires strong communication skills to manage portfolio company staff and related advisors, careful planning to manage compressed timelines, and upholding advisor and internal resource commitments in support of the valuation;
- Providing advice and assistance with respect to customer and vendor relations of the Portfolio Companies;
- Provide advice and assistance in connection with the raising and refinancing by the Portfolio Companies of debt and equity capital;
- Other duties and responsibilities as may from time to time be requested by the Company. This will likely include travel within the UK and abroad as well as assignments at portfolio companies.
- Fluent English & 2nd EU languiage preferred;
- Strong experience in a Due Diligence role that covers across Commercial, Financial and Operational, ideally within a Big 4 Accountancy firm;
- 3-8 Years overall professional experience with a large focus on Transaction Services and operational improvement.
- Exposure to a wide range of sectors across the market rather than focused on one specific area.
- Experience in working with Distressed Assets or Restructuring Projects with companies is desirable;
- Preferably Masters Degree – finance, economics, accounting;