PHP Software Engineer (Backend) Mid/Sr level
- Competitive salary/bonus and excellent benefits
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 16 Nov 17 2017-11-16
Are you passionate, pro-active, ambitious and open to learning the latest technologies and trends? We are looking for a Backend PHP Engineer to work closely with our team on a variety of innovative products.
WorkDigital, a DHI Group, Inc. service, are looking for an experienced PHP engineer to ensure good coding practice throughout the team, including code reviews, documenting code and choices and knowledge sharing with other team members.
The right candidate will be responding to time critical issues, understanding how to balance delivering projects on time, finding good/better solutions when building software with the ability to be “technology agnostic” and testing out different solutions to find the best fit for every challenge.
- Our environment is data driven, you’ll be working on data processing, learning different ways of extracting and structure data.
- Write CLI code (Crawlers, Extractors etc.) and high performance APIs, libraries and frameworks that support large, complex, high volume data processing pipelines (thousands of documents processed per second)
- Commercial experience in the PHP Stack and strong object-oriented skills (experience using modern frameworks preferable)
- Understanding of NOSQL Databases (MongoDB preferred), Redis/Memcache
- Exposure to Command Line / Console Applications using PHP
- Exposure to building large scale APIs
- Exposure to Xpath and Regular Expressions
- Familiar with the linux command line, as well as configuring and maintaining linux servers
- Experience with VCS (GIT/SVN)
- Experience with Search Technologies: ElasticSearch/SOLR
- Queuing systems: RabbitMQ / Kafka
- Vagrant / Docker
- Behat / codeception
- PHP 7.x
- TDD / BDD
- Continuous Integration (Jenkins)
- Contribution to Open Source projects
- Degree in Computer Science or Equivalent experience
- Excellent understanding of algorithms, software architecture and design
- Ability to collaborate within an Agile team and communicate effectively
- Excellent problem solving and analysis skills
What we offer you:
- Opportunity to work in a motivated, fast-moving team
- Explicit commitment to high quality software engineering
- A great opportunity to learn and acquire new skills in frameworks and technologies including AWS
- Real opportunity to apply your knowledge, skill and expertise to the team
- Competitive salary with annual bonus and excellent benefits
- Benefits: pension scheme, generous holiday allowance, private healthcare, Friday drinks, social events, team building activities, developmental training.
Material and Equipment Directly Used:
All employees are given powerful MacBook Pro laptops with secondary monitors.
Working Environment/Physical Activities:
We have a casual office environment with ping-pong and foosball tables, video games and an area for downtime. Travel will rarely be required, but requires the ability to transport a laptop and peripherals and handheld devices.
WorkDigital is a cloud-based data services company that builds and powers enterprise HR & CRM products making use of proprietary natural language processing algorithms.
The successful candidate must have the right to work in the UK upon starting the role.