- GBP200.00 - GBP300.00 per day
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Contract, Full time
- Advantage Resourcing
- 14 Mar 18 2018-03-14
P/L controller - Swap and Bond books JOB TITLE: As an IRG Middle Office P/L controller for Swap and Bond books, the successful candidate will be responsible of running a forecast P/L and of producing the official P/L for Swap and Bond books. The role will include but not be limited to: 1.On a daily basis, for Swap and Bond books, Predict the P/L of the day at Close Of Business, investigate discrepancies with the traders' predict and understand the economic reasons justifying the P/L market.
Interest Rates Group Middle Office
P/L controller - Swap and Bond books
As an IRG Middle Office P/L controller for Swap and Bond books, the successful candidate will be responsible of running a forecast P/L and of producing the official P/L for Swap and Bond books.
The role will include but not be limited to:
1. On a daily basis, for Swap and Bond books,
· Predict the P/L of the day at Close Of Business, investigate discrepancies with the traders' predict and understand the economic reasons justifying the P/L (market moves, new deals, strategies, etc.);
· Produce the official P/L figures, investigate the discrepancies with the predict done the previous day and understand the economic reasons justifying the P/L (market moves, new deals, strategies, etc.).
2. Make sure all processes / controls are in place and documented. Ensure that P/L adjustments posted are properly documented. Ensure month-end P/L delivery to Results Team and "Contrôle de Gestion" and obtain traders' sign-off.
3. Guarantee the accurate and timely delivery of P/L to traders, Management and the Results Team. Ensure P/L issues are investigated / solved in an accurate and efficient manner.
4. Build and maintain Front Office relationships based on trust, respect and professionalism.
5. Contribute to the evolution of the P/L systems and their implementation in the P/L environment for Option books (MXBO, STAR, UBIX, Plato). Analyse and question current processes and contribute to their improvement. Participate on projects.
6. Be prepared to be the backup of other controllers if deemed necessary.
The ideal candidate is likely to have:
· Good understanding of Fixed Income products (bonds, swaps, futures, repos, etc.)
· Graduate qualification is essential
· Very good PC skills (VBA knowledge would help)
· An understanding of deal processing issues would help
· Positive attitude to complying with deadlines and objectives.
· Effective time management and ability to prioritize workload
· Excellent communications skills
· Robust and confident personality
Fixed income product expertise and distribution capabilities have positioned the Bank among the top 3 Fixed Income players in Europe, from which they have built a strong franchise in Asia, Japan and the US. The Bank comprehensive approach to developing solutions for its client-base integrates global expertise in research, sales, trading, origination, and comprises three distinct product lines: Interest Rates; Credit Products; and Foreign Exchange.
Our companies involvement in the interest rates derivatives market has grown considerably and is currently the subject of substantial investments. One of the leading derivatives houses (voted Interest Rate Derivatives House of Year for 2005 in Risk magazine), thanks to a competitive advantage in terms of quality research and models.
IRD Middle Office (with a headcount of 35 people) supports the trading activity executed by IRG traders and Marketers.
More specifically, with regards to Bond and Swap trading, there are currently 30 Bond and Swap traders running successfully and actively various books in London. 10 P/L Controllers ensures the production of the P/L for these books, working in very close relation with traders and Middle Office Trade Support, in an environment which can be very stressful and extremely busy, but also very exciting and dynamic.
It is very important that the candidate is able:
· to create a very good working relationship with the Middle Office team, Front office as well as Market and Liquidity Risk,
· to prioritize his work
· to show great commitment in his day-to-day duties.
It is expected that the P/L controllers will remain in their role for 3 years, before evolving to other responsibilities in other locations (New York, Tokyo, Singapore), other activities (Credit, Foreign Exchange, Asset and Liabilities Management, etc.) or functions (trading, marketing, Market Risk, Organization, etc.).
Advantage Resourcing is a service driven recruitment consultancy.