Our client is looking to add a permanent member of staff to its Business Change team. Specifically, we are looking to hire a Portfolio & Risk Analyst who can play a key role in the development and delivery of portfolio, programme and project governance as well as leading on portfolio and team risk management.
Play a key role in the development and delivery of portfolio, programme and project governance as well as leading on portfolio and team risk management.
Head of Business Change, PMO Manager, COO, Risk business partner, Divisional Business Managers
- Carry out comprehensive Operational Resilience scenario analysis twice a year and carry out four additional scenario tests in conjunction with the Change team’s business partner from the Risk team.
- Collaborate with project managers and the Risk business partner in order to improve the risk management process across projects and the portfolio as a whole.
- Develop the benefits management process in such a way that provides foresight across the entirety firm on material initiatives. When aggregated, that can then serve as a target against which we can measure progress for the Oversight Group and then we can communicate progress to the firm at large.
- Collaborate with project managers in order to create a regular flow of firmwide communications about the progress that we are making towards our project delivery and benefits targets.
- Refine and administer the processes by which we prioritise the book of work. Thereafter, provide high quality reporting which is bespoked to different stakeholder audiences.
- Refine and administer the processes by which we manage interdependencies across the book of work. Thereafter, provide high quality reporting which is bespoked to different stakeholder audiences.
- Refine and administer the processes by which we monitor resource capacity and resource allocation. Thereafter, provide high quality reporting which is bespoked to different stakeholder audiences.
- Support the ongoing governance and assurance arrangements, especially around the creation of roadmaps.
Essential Skills and Attitude
- Analytical skills with the ability to delve into detail alongside seeing the bigger picture.
- Flexible and responsive to changing priorities.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Practical working knowledge of risk amongst other project control processes.
- Strong communicator with effective negotiation skills, able to work effectively across all levels of the organisation.
- Competent and confident in Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, MS Project and Confluence.
Essential Knowledge and Experience
- Familiar with the principles of portfolio, programme and project methodologies.
- Degree from a Russell Group university at 2:1 or 1st.
Desirable Knowledge and Experience
- Over 3 years portfolio management experience in financial services.
- Prior experience of introducing new portfolio processes which add structure to a complex organisation
- Practitioner accreditation in the leading portfolio, programme and project methodologies, i.e. P30, Prince2, MSP and MoP.
- Prior experience of delivering projects
- Thorough understanding of the way that a wealth management firm operates and the strategic direction.
- First class degree from a Russell Group university