PR Executive - 12 Month Contract
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Franklin Templeton Investments
- 18 Jul 18 2018-07-18
PR Executive - 12 Month Contract
At Franklin Templeton Investments, we are dedicated to delivering strong results and exceptional service to clients, team members and business partners. Over 9,000 employees working in 60 offices around the world are dedicated to servicing investment solutions for our clients in more than 150 countries. For over 65 years, our success has been a direct result of the talent, skills and persistence of our people, and we are looking for a PR Executive to join our Global Corporate Communications team in London on a 12 month contract.
What is the Global Corporate Communications group responsible for?
The team are responsible for coordinating all PR, media relations and corporate communications activates for our integrated retail and institutional businesses in Europe. Within the team you'll work closely with the Corporate Communications PR Mangers in the UK to support our efforts of strengthening the firms profile in the UK and Europe.
What are the ongoing responsibilities of a PR Executive?
• Build and strengthen media contacts with UK and cross-border publications across the trades, personal finance and national titles through regular meetings
• Support reporters by educating them about our firm and its investment groups/funds
• Create relevant PR campaigns for the institutional and retail channels to support our sales and marketing efforts
• Develop and deliver strong pitch and story ideas to key media contacts
• Write proactive press releases and articles to support targeted campaigns
• Spot opportunities to respond to market/industry news for key spokespeople internally to comment on
• Offer local PR advice to leaders throughout Europe
• Support the European corporate communications desk in London which will include recording all media activity for audit purposes, deal with incoming press enquiries promptly, support press events etc.
• Flag negative coverage and crises issues as appropriate and assist in coordinating responses
What qualifications, skills and experience would help someone to be successful?
• Bachelor's degree in Public Relations, Journalism or Communications; or equivalent work experience
• Experience of working within PR in Asset Management ideally across one or all business channels (discretionary, advisory or institutional)
• Strong understanding of strategic communication and the European financial industry
• Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, setting priorities whilst remaining results-orientated
• Excellent interpersonal skill with the ability to be assertive and relentless in the pursuit of getting our news the appropriate attention among the media and the public
• Excellent writing and editing skills with experience in writing press releases, newsletters, memos, Q&A's etc.
• Ability to present solutions to solve difficult problems
What makes Franklin Templeton Investments unique?
In addition to the dynamic and professional environment at Franklin Templeton, we strive to ensure that our employees have access to a competitive and valuable set of Total Rewards -the mix of both monetary and non-monetary rewards provided to you in recognition for your time, talents, efforts, and results. Highlights of our benefits include - contributory pension scheme, private healthcare plan, PHI, life insurance, Employee Stock Investment Program, incentive plans, purchase of company funds with no sales charge, educational reimbursement and on-site training.
We believe that being a good corporate citizen is good business. To us, corporate citizenship means being accountable, serving our clients, being an employer of choice, managing our environmental impact, and supporting our communities . An emphasis on corporate citizenship is embedded in our culture and values , and is an important element of how we achieve success.
We are also committed to your learning and developmen t with resources focused around Experience, Exposure, and Education, to help you achieve your professional development goals. Take some time to, meet some of our people , and see what it means to say, "I AM Franklin Templeton."
Franklin Templeton Investments values diversity in its workforce and welcomes employees from different backgrounds, generations, capabilities, cultural identification, sexual orientations, and gender expression, in addition to other attributes that contribute to a truly diverse and inclusive community.