PWM - Alternative Capital Markets - Executive Director - London
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Goldman Sachs International
- 18 Mar 18 2018-03-18
See job description for details
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB Application Opening Date: 06 March 2018
Application Closing Date: 02 April 2018
Goldman Sachs Private Wealth Management (PWM) specializes in creating comprehensive wealth management plans for high net worth individuals and families, as well as select institutions, including foundations and endowments. PWM Teams work one-on-one with clients to advise and deliver customized strategies drawn from our deep investment experience, diverse wealth management capabilities and global reach. Our Private Wealth Advisors (PWAs) deliver an unparalleled investment platform inclusive of the full product and service offerings of Goldman Sachs and beyond, which may include tax and estate planning, philanthropic planning and private banking and lending services. As client needs evolve, this close relationship allows the team to offer complementary services and new opportunities by leveraging the resources of Goldman Sachs and beyond.
Alternative Capital Markets (ACM) is a global team within the Goldman Sachs Investment Management Division responsible for the alternative investment platform for GS Private Wealth Management clients. ACM works with IMD direct investing teams, the Alternative Investment Manager Selection group, the Merchant Banking Division and external alternative investment managers across private equity, private credit, hedge funds, real estate and other opportunistic investments including co-investment opportunities. Given Goldman's strong position as an investor into and provider of alternative investments, ACM sits at the heart of many significant efforts aimed at bringing some of the most creative and differentiating investment solutions to a growing and highly sophisticated investor base.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFIL YOUR POTENTIAL
Responsibilities can include:
- Coordinating and facilitating the fundraising process for EMEA private wealth management alternative investment offerings, including assessing demand and capacity and organising the capital markets strategy.
- New business development, strategic planning and product development, including sourcing unique EMEA or offshore-only investment opportunities and negotiate and execute those deals.
- Providing frequent investment updates and market commentary to both PWM Professionals and external clients.
- Assessing the capacity and demand from EMEA for alternative investment offerings, organizing the capital raising strategy, speaking with advisors and clients in marketing the offerings, and providing the ongoing client support with respect to alternative investments.
- Building relationships across PWAs and clients in EMEA and would also be responsible for sourcing unique EMEA or offshore-only investment opportunities and negotiating and executing those deals.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Strong academic record with MBA level or equivalent required
- Prior Private Wealth Management experience gained from working within investment banking industry required
- Significant industry experience in both alternative investment/alternative capital markets as well as in a client-facing/marketing role required
- Knowledge of private equities, hedge funds, liquid derivatives and other non-traditional asset classes required
- Experience of following up business development opportunities and driving business strategy and initiatives required
- Experience of conducting research, recommending clients about financial products and ensuring sales teams are informed of performance and product offerings required
- Experience of compiling business metrics, client/business analytics such as demographics, assets, revenue, types of accounts etc. required
- Proficiency in MS Office package and knowledge of Bloomberg required
- Must be a team player with strong initiative and leadership qualities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required
- Drive, enthusiasm, creativity and excellent interpersonal skills
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.