Be a centralised expert and key contact to the whole Paraplanner team, providing assistance and answering queries of a highly technical nature. The role holder will become a person whom our Paraplanning function can rely on for the guidance through FCA Regulation, QFP Guidelines and to generate great Client outcomes.
Oversee the development of the Paraplanning Teams in the facilitation of organising and delivering enduring training/coaching. Management of Paraplanners MI/BI, with in-depth WIP analysis and presentation to the wider business.
About the Role
Key Responsibilities/ Accountabilities/ Scope of role:
- Oversee and facilitate the training/coaching of Paraplanning teams, in order for them to provide in-depth reports and analysis to Advisers to enable them to present recommendations to clients
- Works with the Paraplanning Managers and the Regional Directors in assessing the technical skills of the team and the quality of the output, as well as identifying and helping to resolve issues that impact on the firm's ability to deliver high quality service and advice
- Maintain constructive working relationships with our Financial Planning and Paraplanning teams
- Identify and overcome training/coaching needs within Paraplanning Teams
- Proactively equip the Paraplanning teams with the skills so that they can work with information provided by the Adviser to meet the clients’ Financial Planning needs
- Be the Subject Matter Expert, whom the Paraplanning Team can rely on to navigate complex Queries
- Lead and deploy the most appropriate way of presenting your MI/BI reports and ensure that it contains all the necessary information and background
- Ensuring that all work is completed within the required timescales and to the standards required
- In your role you should constantly ensure that customers are being treated fairly by you, the business and the Paraplanning Teams you work with. Furthermore, highlight any situations where you believe this is not the case to your Line Manager.
- Ensure that you have a thorough understanding of Quilter Financial Planning (QFP) Treat Customers Fairly (TCF) philosophy and your role within this.
- Keep your own FCA, QFP and TCF knowledge up to date through training sought externally or provided internally.
- Ensure all teams are providing Paraplanning services to Financial Advisers within FCA Regulations across all QPCA regions as and when required
- Have a holistic understanding of the end-to-end Client Journey, in order to better educate Paraplanners on the significance of their work.
- Support and develop deep understanding of Financial Plan production, including Cashflow analysis
- Observe and support the design of systemic changes/procedure that may be needed to improve the Paraplanning outputs and delivery
- Act as a critical partner to our Financial Planners, providing deep and meaningful scrutiny over client Financial Plans, as appropriate
Key Skills & Behaviours:
Overall, this role requires an individual skilled with;
- Knowledge and skilled application of Training Cycles
- The ability to flex own style of communication, to suit differing audiences
- A broad range of Paraplanning-relevant knowledge
- Complex problem solving and a solution-focused attitude
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills
- Knowledge of systems and processes that support QPCA business including Defaqto, FE Analytics, Cashflow systems, QIP and other wrap platforms & other strategic provider systems
- Excellent knowledge of products and services that QPCA may use to meet client needs, in addition to legacy services and products in use by our clients
- Knowledge of the other related functions within Quilter Financial Planning and Quilter Cheviot and how QPCA interfaces with these
Focus on our values:
- Innovate, take bold steps forward
- Stand up for what’s right
- Question convention and stay curious
- Enthusiasm to take on new and different tasks
- Use expertise to deliver on promises
- Persevere to get the right outcome
- Act with focus and care
- Delivery focused, with high energy and drive, and ability to deliver through others
- Collaborate, learn from experience, and adapt
- Share openly and transparently
- Listen, to include new perspectives
- Diploma qualified and working towards Chartered.
Key Experience Required:
- Experience of working within a financial adviser firm is essential for this role
- Experience of training new-starters and developed members of staff
- Experience of writing comprehensive reports
No matter what job you do you should feel valued and appreciated. That's why we offer a competitive total reward package, which enables our employees to share in the success they help to create.
Holiday: 26 days
Quilter Incentive Scheme: All employees are eligible to participate in our incentive scheme, based on the company's performance and their contribution to it
Pension Scheme: 10% non-contributory company pension scheme that can be boosted through personal contributions
Private Medical Insurance: Single cover as standard, cover can be increased at your own cost
Life Assurance: 4x your salary, cover can be increased at your own cost
Income Protection: 75% of salary payable after 26 weeks of absence
In addition to our core benefits we offer a range of flexible benefits that you can choose from and pay for conveniently via a salary deduction.
Our purpose is to help the generations today and tomorrow to prosper. That means we must guide people through the complexity of planning for their future, with the right financial advice and investment solutions, so that they can have more secure financial futures. In this ever-changing world, we see that our role in society has never been more meaningful, and we are committed to using our expertise and care to guide our customers through these challenging and unprecedented times. Our impressive talents and capabilities set us apart, but our unwavering commitment to our customers is what defines us. We truly believe that we have all the ingredients to be the very best in our industry, and we want great people with the care and creativity that we need, to help us get there. We are passionate about building an inclusive culture where everyone’s contribution is valued and our people can thrive. No matter what your role is or where you sit, your voice will matter. We hope you like what you hear and are interested in learning more about joining us.
At Quilter, we're committed to creating an inclusive culture that embraces diversity. We promote equal opportunities and make sure no applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, marital status, nationality, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. We select candidates for interview based purely on their skills, qualifications, experience and potential.