Our client is a prestigious, boutique sized wealth manager, with over £3bn under management. Growth within the business has necessitated the hire of an additional paraplanner to join the team, offering the opportunity to join a team of eight within the advisory department and work alongside distinguished financial planners, with long established relationships with affluent families and individuals.
Within the last ten years, the business acquired a successful financial planning business, and the two entities have complimented each other perfectly – in particular within the HNW and UHNW space. The size of the working environment supports the professional development of employees alongside the underlying culture of the business, which centres around entrepreneurialism and flexibility.
The ideal candidate will be skilled and experienced in the following areas:
- Working closely with the Financial Planning team to develop advice recommendations for clients.
- Conduct research and due diligence as required to support the broader team in developing advice recommendations
- Be responsible for the creation of cash-flow plans.
- Proactively support adherence to regulation and internal procedures in all financial planning advice.
- Maintain template suitability letters for use across the firm.
- Be the house technical planning expert, continually maintaining and increasing knowledge and keeping up to date with developments in terms of products, regulation, legislation, etc.
- Assist in quality control review of Investment Managers suitability letters with a view to ensuring suitability, conformity with the proposition and intellectual coherence.
1. Cash flow planning.
2. Thoughtful assessment of capacity for loss.
6. Writing compliant suitability letters.
7. Excellent knowledge of pensions.
8. Tax wrappers.
9. Tax-efficient investment products.
10. Standardised tax structures (e.g. discounted gift trust).
11. Life assurance.
12. Some knowledge of trusts.