Part Qualified Assistant Accountant - Private Equity
- £30,000 - £35,000 depending on experience + benefits
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Walker Hamill
- 16 Apr 18 2018-04-16
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a leading Private Equity firm, based in central London. The successful candidate will have previous relevant experience in a similar position and be an ambitious, driven part-qualified accountant. This is a perfect opportunity for someone with a keen interest in Private Equity.
- Support the Financial Controller on the production of management information for the business.
- Maintain the internal models used to produce the management accounts.
- Assist the Financial Controller in the production of the budgets, management accounts and accompanying schedules.
- Prepare monthly and annual rolling cash flow.
- Assist with the production of the financial reports to the Management and Operations Committee, the Executive Committee and the Partnership Board.
- Assist with the preparation and distribution of Board Packs.
- Assist with the preparation of the annual budget.
- Support the Financial Controller with the production of the annual financial statements.
- Prepare supporting schedules to the financial statements.
- Liaise with the external auditors and dealing with audit queries.
- Day to day supervision of the work of the outsource providers.
- Ensure invoices are coded correctly by the admin assistant prior to dispatch to administrator.
- Review payroll runs for accuracy prior to dispatch to administrator.
- Review month end accounts produced by the administrators.
- Part-qualified accountant (ACA/CIMA/ACCA or equivalent) with first time passes to date.
- Previous relevant experience in a similar role.
- Degree educated with strong academics.
- Strong IT skills – Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Strong aptitude for numbers.
- Excellent attention to detail combined with strong organisational and time management skills.
- Efficient, reliable and thorough.
- Able to communicate effectively and adapt to different communication and work styles.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for almost 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed companies, private equity backed businesses and privately owned, early stage ventures. We recruit across all sectors, but have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. We have offices in the UK, Switzerland and Australia. For further information, please see http://www.walkerhamill.com/