Partner, Leading Prop-tech and Sustainable-tech VC Fund, London, UK
We are working with a leading early-stage VC fund investing in UK and European prop-tech, fin-tech and clean-tech businesses (this also includes insure-tech, consumer marketplaces and deep-tech businesses). As a first mover in the field, they identified the value of companies creating the future of the smart built environment, and are now the most active investor in the field with a portfolio of over 50 businesses.
They are currently raising a new, much larger fund to focus on pre-Seed to Series A opportunities that have the potential to disrupt and enhance the space. The fund is highly active in its engagement with its portfolio companies, and the focus on prop-tech has yielded an impressive track record to date.
They have a strong deal cadence and completed a high number of deals in 2020 and this year. They have been broadening their thesis, with later stage investments and meaningful amount of capital from the new fund being reserved for follow-on investments.
They have an attractive and vibrant culture, and this is a key consideration for them in this hire - this is a great opportunity to join an ambitious fund with an entrepreneurial mindset and young team. Above anything, they value people who embody their values of diversity, tenacity, boldness, and integrity. You will be vital in helping to build the fund into a global leader within this ever-evolving space.
In the Partner role, you will play a leading role in all aspects of the fund, from leading the team with sourcing, screening, execution and through to exit. You will bring significant investing experience from an early-stage venture capital fund and will be able to bring real value from day one. The ability to flourish in a small, close-knit team, as well as a demonstrable passion for emerging tech, will be highly additive. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work closely with the senior team to build the platform to become a global leader in its investment niche
- Play a leading role in all aspects of the investment process (Deal origination, structuring, negotiation and execution)
- Manage the entire lifecycle of investments with support from the investment team, taking board positions in portfolio companies, as appropriate, to aid their strategic growth
- Driving portfolio value creation through active portfolio management including guiding management teams on strategic decisions, HR matters, fundraise strategy, scale-up strategy, and M&A opportunities
- Deliver exits through a variety of different channels to build up the track record of the firm. The Partner is expected to be involved in all exit related work streams, including sourcing buyers and leading on negotiations and structuring
- Develop and maintain a high level of understanding of the themes that are fundamental to the fund's investment thesis
- Assist in fundraising and help to manage LP relationships
- Stellar track record in a senior investment role at a VC fund
- Experience of VC investing at seed and series A stages (plus follow-on experience at Series B onwards) with a European focus
- Ability to lead deals end-to-end, including sourcing, due diligence, negotiation, structuring, and management of legal completion processes
- Experience with board representation and portfolio management, including managing Founder relationships, and advising on hiring, go-to-market, scale-up strategy, governance, and executing on exits
- Clear track record of leadership, with demonstrable passion for technology and VC investing. - Strong commercial, financial, and technical ability and excellent attention to detail
- Interest in PropTech and the Real Estate vertical is a plus, with a track record of investing in start-ups in the space
- Experience with presenting to investors and successfully raising capital for VC funds