The Payments Director will manage the settlements, payments and controls function and lead the implementation of a new payments system. The role will report in to the COO
Foreign Exchange - Financial Services Business
- Lead the implementation of the new internal payments system internally
- Act as a Senior Leader within the business providing knowledge and advice on payments and banking as part of our global expansion.
- Maintain relationships with our banking partners and correspondent banks
- Working with our external and internal technology stakeholders on system improvements and upgrades
- Implementing new payments upgrades and methods to provide innovative products to our clients
- Liaising directly with the compliance, sales and clients to ensure a smooth payments experience for clients
- Leadership and strategic direction of the settlements team
- Provide training and development to the Settlements team and to front office staff on the settlements process
- Ensuring efficient operations between conduit front, middle and back office functions in relation to settlement operations
- Overseeing the Reconciling our client accounts in multiple currencies
- Improving our payments systems and processes to make efficiency gains.
- Processing and monitoring of daily payable and receivable transaction
- Strong track record in financial services required
- Experience of payments and back office functions is essential - additional experience running and managing a settlements or payments processing team.
- Detailed knowledge of the Swift payments network and its operational processes essential
- Experience with rolling out new products, improving processes and managing projects also essential.
- Project experience essential - system implementation experience preferred
- Knowledge of the Payment Services regulations, including reconciliations, safeguarding and safeguarding obligations preferable
Senior level role with a competitive salary and benefits package.
The role will report in to the COO.