People Operations Administrator
Our mission is to change banking for good. We can't do that without our dedicated and passionate employees. Our People team deals with all aspects of our employee journey - talent acquisition, employee onboarding, talent management, total rewards and employee experience and culture.
To support our ongoing growth we're looking to recruit a People Administrator that will assist and support with all People / HR admin related activities such as:
- Being the first point of contact for employees on any HR/People related queries
- Provide support to the People team where required
- Manage the on-boarding process
- Preparing offers of employment / contracts
- Work with the Provider of Pre-employment Screening (PES)
- Creating and maintaining employee records in our HRIS
- Producing documentation for all aspects of the employee life cycle, including leavers, changes to terms and conditions, maternity and paternity, probation, flexible working
- Reporting regularly on HR / MI metrics, such as new starter background checks, training completion etc.
- Assisting with payroll by collating relevant information
- Helping with various arrangements including company events and socials
- Ad-hoc project work as required
Given the on-going situation surrounding COVID-19, our employees are currently working away from our offices. We are happy to be flexible on your current location, however, this should be within a reasonable travelling distance from our London, Southampton or Cardiff offices. Requirements
- Administration experience in a fast-paced office environment
- 1-2 years relevant HR / People experience
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Professionalism and the ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality regarding internal business matters
- Self-sufficient, Positive and Proactive attitude
- Understanding of various HR software systems
- Computer literate with programmes such as word, excel, etc.
- Fintech experience
- Relevant industry qualification
- 33 days holiday (including public hols). You'll also get your birthday on us
- 16 hours paid volunteering time a year
- Private Medical Insurance with VitalityHealth
- Contributory pension scheme
- We have many varied social groups set up and run by our employees - ForTheWin (a gaming group), Starling FC, book club and many more!
- Discounts on cinema tickets, restaurants, shopping and train tickets via a Perkbox membership
- Access to 'salary sacrifice' benefits such as Cycle to Work scheme
- Gym membership options
- Full details are available on our careers site
Starling is a leading digital bank on a mission to disrupt the banking industry.
Since our launch in 2014, we've surpassed 1.5 million accounts. Our total deposits, meanwhile, have topped £3 billion over the same period. We're a fully licensed UK bank, and we have the culture and spirit of a fast-moving, disruptive technology company. We've won the Best British Bank award three years running, and now employ almost 1000 people across our London, Southampton, Cardiff & Dublin offices.
Starling Bank is an equal opportunity employer, and we're proud of our ongoing efforts to foster diversity & inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Starling Bank are considered without regard to race, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
By submitting your application, you agree that Starling Bank may collect your personal data for recruiting and related purposes. Our Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, its purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over our use of your personal information.