Performance Associate, Global Investment Firm, London, UK
Our client is a leading global private equity fund with a considerable amount of assets under management. They are now looking for a highly analytical Performance Associate to join their performance team which looks after the firm's performance track record globally. This individual will play a vital role in ensuring that the team produces accurate and timely analysis to key stakeholders, on the entire family of funds, strategies and products. This provides the business with a clear indicator of the drivers of performance from the underlying company level, all the way up to the investor level. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversight and production of quarterly performance track records for products/ strategies.
- Lead conversations with investment teams on ad-hoc analysis concerning the performance track-record of their strategies and funds
- Take a leading role in responding to ad hoc performance requests from internal teams, and indirectly to clients' and consultants' queries in collaboration with Investor Relations and Marketing.
- Take a leadership role in responding to Request For Proposals (RFP), and Request For Information (RFI) from external consultants and clients. Attend pre-meetings with the RFP team/investment teams and provide guidance on how to respond to questions on performance track record
- Lead and provide significant input on project work (advanced performance analytics, creation of pro-forma track records to support new fundraising, systems enhancements, process automation), and provide support where required to senior members of the team on these projects
- Production of customised benchmarking analysis using Private Market benchmarks and listed indices
- Provide training for more junior team members on specific tasks, and leadership during interactions with senior staff. Delegate work where appropriate and provide oversight and support throughout.
- Ensure compliance with relevant laws, regulations and policy
- Educated to degree level in an analytical subject
- Highly numerate with advanced Excel skills. Confidently build, navigate and manipulate complex spreadsheets
- Able to organize and analyse large sets of complex data in order to produce simple and insightful solutions
- Clearly and concisely communicate performance-related concepts to key stakeholders (up to Partner level)
- Good understanding of the Private Equity investment process and the PE market
- Good understanding of Infrastructure, Private Debt and Real Estate investments is required
- Confidently lead on projects work from inception to delivery
- Strong negotiation skills. Tactfully handle conflicting viewpoints to arrive at a beneficial outcome for all
- Knowledge of ESG and Climate Risk metrics is desirable
- Professional qualification is desirable (e.g. CFA, CAIA, CIPM, IMC)